Thread from 2015: White Sox sign Carson Fulmer

Y2Jimmy0

Fulmer will throw out the first pitch tonight and he has signed for slot money.

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 4m4 minutes ago

White Sox have signed first-round pick Carson Fulmer to a minor-league contract with a $3,470,600-million signing bonus.

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 8m8 minutes ago

"It’s an honor to be able to use my success to provide five scholarships to young players who might someday follow in my same footsteps.”

Fulmer will donate $10,000 to Chicago White Sox Charities that will be designated to support five players in the Sox ACE program.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)

"It’s an honor to be able to use my success to provide five scholarships to young players who might someday follow in my same footsteps.”

Fulmer will donate $10,000 to Chicago White Sox Charities that will be designated to support five players in the Sox ACE program.

That's awesome. Well done, Carson.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
That's slot value.

What to do with remaining pool and potential overage? Read about the scenarios here, including possibility of grabbing one more significant prospect.

Draft Tracker also updated.

You would think that they have an idea that could get 1 of them, right? I can't see them sitting on that extra $100,000

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
Fulmer will throw out the first pitch tonight and he has signed for slot money.

Supposedly on advice from Chris Sale, he has asked for Flowers to catch his first pitch.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
That's slot value.

What to do with remaining pool and potential overage? Read about the scenarios here, including possibility of grabbing one more significant prospect.

Draft Tracker also updated.

I was hoping for some savings, but I will take getting Fulmer into the fold.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)
I was hoping for some savings, but I will take getting Fulmer into the fold.

If they didn't have a plan to go a bit over though, wouldn't they have given him the extra $100,000? It doesn't really make any sense to sit on that $$. They can offer Hickman or one of the other guys over $400,000

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
If they didn't have a plan to go a bit over though, wouldn't they have given him the extra $100,000? It doesn't really make any sense to sit on that $$. They can offer Hickman or one of the other guys over $400,000

I doubt they pocket the 100k+. They may or may not go into that 5% range, though I sure as heck hope they do since it is probably the difference maker here. At worst, I bet they grab one of the other two who might sign for less. But it probably takes that full 450k or so to get Mike Hickman.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
I doubt they pocket the 100k+. They may or may not go into that 5% range, though I sure as heck hope they do since it is probably the difference maker here. At worst, I bet they grab one of the other two who might sign for less. But it probably takes that full 450k or so to get Mike Hickman.

With how bleak the catcher spot is, please go the full 450k for Hickman.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
With how bleak the catcher spot is, please go the full 450k for Hickman.

I hope they get him too, but remember this is a high school catcher we're talking about. Would be shocked if he reached the majors in less than 4-5 years, if ever. Won't be helping any time soon.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
I hope they get him too, but remember this is a high school catcher we're talking about. Would be shocked if he reached the majors in less than 4-5 years, if ever. Won't be helping any time soon.

Regardless, injecting talent is the biggest issue.

• Quin changed the title to Thread from 2015: White Sox sign Carson Fulmer