And that's a White Sox Winner !!

Sox win 1-0 . Abreu HR provides the lone Sox run . Danks 7 shout out innings. Petricka scoreless 8th. Robertson K's the side in the 9th to earn his 17th save.

Sox 1st round draft pick Carson Fulmer, who signed earlier today , threw out the 1st pitch and brought the Sox good luck for ,hopefully, the first of many ,many times.

:headbang

Can someone change the Whire Sox to White Sox :P

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 10:04 PM)
Heck of an effort by Danks. Probably the most surprising pitching performance of the season.

I'd say the shutout against Houston was a little more surprising.

Fun fact....in 23 inning vs the 3rd, 4th, and 5th highest scoring teams in the league, Danks has given up 2 runs.

I remember last year when I cherry picked Danks stats he was solid against teams with winning records and dreadful vs bad teams.

If not for the 2 late inning losses, the Sox would have been 9-2 in their last 11....7-4 ain't bad either

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 11:09 PM)
Was at this game. I still have only seen two sox runs in person (both Abreu solo home runs), but this was a blast of a game. Lots of kids became life long fans at this game.

They'll enjoy it more when we win by eleven tomorrow.

I hardly ever say "I told you so" on here. But I have to in regards to Danks. I told you guys Danks is NOT trash. I said he's had some stellar outings to go with the pathetic ones. I told you I like the way he battles. Danks is not an excellent pitcher but he's not worthy of the hate spewed on this board. He's just not.

Danks has had some good outings the past 2 seasons. He simply HAS.

Great win again. Well the Sox are trying to play with our emotions and tell us they actually have a decent team. I'm not going to believe yet, just wait and see and enjoy the wins.

Please please please though, give MR DANKS some credit!!!! It is deserved.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 12:42 AM)
I hardly ever say "I told you so" on here. But I have to in regards to Danks. I told you guys Danks is NOT trash. I said he's had some stellar outings to go with the pathetic ones. I told you I like the way he battles. Danks is not an excellent pitcher but he's not worthy of the hate spewed on this board. He's just not.

Great win again. Well the Sox are trying to play with our emotions and tell us they actually have a decent team. I'm not going to believe yet, just wait and see and enjoy the wins.

He has been one of the worst qualified starters in all of baseball this year.

That was one of our best starts all year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 11:42 PM)

Lol greg. Really?

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playe...&position=P

Look at those numbers. Are you going to say "I told you so?"

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 06:08 AM)
He has been one of the worst qualified starters in all of baseball this year.

That was one of our best starts all year.

Can't you guys watch John Danks pitch and see SOMETHING that is very very good? I said he's sucked on occasion. He's also pitched very very well. And he battles.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 06:14 AM)
Lol greg. Really?

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playe...&position=P

Look at those numbers. Are you going to say "I told you so?"

You can't watch him pitch and see ability and competitiveness? He's got talent and check his starts. He's had some good ones the last two seasons. Some excellent outings! To not give him credit is flat out wrong. I didn't say he was Sandy Koufax. He's a great No. 4 or 5 starter, though.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 02:09 AM)
Can't you guys watch John Danks pitch and see SOMETHING that is very very good? I said he's sucked on occasion. He's also pitched very very well. And he battles.

You can't watch him pitch and see ability and competitiveness? He's got talent and check his starts. He's had some good ones the last two seasons. Some excellent outings! To not give him credit is flat out wrong. I didn't say he was Sandy Koufax. He's a great No. 4 or 5 starter, though.

the flaw in your logic is that even terrible pitchers have good starts. even against elite teams

doesn't mean they aren't terrible

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 07:20 AM)
the flaw in your logic is that even terrible pitchers have good starts. even against elite teams

doesn't mean they aren't terrible

Did Danks kick your guys' dogs? What did he do to deserve this wrath? Who cares if he makes a lot of money? It's not your money. The guy had a serious injury and has done all he can to come back from it. He actually pitches with a purpose. I mean there are Sox players I despise but I don't see any reason to hate Danks. There are so many other players on the team worse than Danks at what they do it's ridiculous. He's had some great performances the last 2 years coming off an injury.

Edited by greg775

Greg, I also admire Danks' grit. He goes out and battles with everything he's got.

Sadly, ever since that shoulder injury it's just not as much. It's like watching PK the last two years. You admire the man, but injuries rob them of their ability to perform to the best of their abilities.

Sometimes he can reach deep into the reservoir and pull out a great start tonight, but he just can't sustain it. He might be perfect as a lefty out of the pen. One that's getting paid a lot, but it's a role he could succeed in on a night-in-night-out basis.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
Greg, I also admire Danks' grit. He goes out and battles with everything he's got.

Sadly, ever since that shoulder injury it's just not as much. It's like watching PK the last two years. You admire the man, but injuries rob them of their ability to perform to the best of their abilities.

Sometimes he can reach deep into the reservoir and pull out a great start tonight, but he just can't sustain it. He might be perfect as a lefty out of the pen. One that's getting paid a lot, but it's a role he could succeed in on a night-in-night-out basis.

Nice post. It's the first one praising Danks some.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 02:09 AM)

No, he's not. He's been one of the ten worst starters in the league over the last three seasons by both ERA and fWAR. By definition, that is NOT a great No. 4 or 5 starter. Only a handful of guys have been worse.

Yes, he's had some great outings, but he's had Way, WAY more really bad outings.

Yes, I like that he tries hard and gives it his all. But I'd still replace him in a second if I could, because I like it when the White Sox win. And no matter how hard he tries, he's bad. For every great outing, he'll have 7 or 8 clunkers. He used to be good, but he just isn't anymore. Shoulders are rough.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 03:24 AM)
Nice post. It's the first one praising Danks some.

Greg man we all are aware of Danks' great outings. I'm with you bro. It's too bad he can't seem to pitch without his best stuff. I mean c'mon man he gets absolutely shelled when he's off and we pretty much have no chance to win. Seems like he's never just decent anymore. Totally hit or totally miss. And completely unwatchable when it's a miss. You gotta see how that frustrates the heck outa some folks right?

Nice game tonight.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 01:42 AM)

That is usually the job description of a 5th starter. Unfortunately his salary is too high for a 5.

i might as well jump in with my opinion.

the i am a Danks fan but i also know that he is but a shadow of what he was, pre surgery. yesterday, he battle and won. left the game with a shutout and that score stood.

the last 2 games, he did enuf to win and he didn't?? i am judging him on this game only in other words, i am judging him on his present game. that is all i can do. we all know he is not what he was. as a sox fan, i just hope for the same kind of performance every game, but it won't happen like that.