Nate Jones throwing

southsider2k5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ron883 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)
Nate Jones just isn't a very good baseball player

I hope he can regain his old form... before the injury, and strictly based on statistics and WAR, he was one of the top-10 relievers in all of baseball, closers included.

Are there two of them????

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 01:26 PM)
Hitting 100 in a sim game. Good for him.

I saw him running into the dugout from the bullpen on Sunday. He looks bigger to me now. The key with him is control. Good to see he can still dial it up.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
CJmGIT6W8AAj2Sm.jpg

The picture worries me a bit. His hand is to full elevation before his foot hits the ground. This means the arm will start to accelerate without lower body support. The beginning of the acceleration is all arm. Not usually a good way to protect the arm. I wonder if the back issue is keeping him from complete rotation? It doesn't look like that from the picture though.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)
The picture worries me a bit. His hand is to full elevation before his foot hits the ground. This means the arm will start to accelerate without lower body support. The beginning of the acceleration is all arm. Not usually a good way to protect the arm. I wonder if the back issue is keeping him from complete rotation? It doesn't look like that from the picture though.

Perhaps this photo captures the beginning of the extended 'pose' he has previously featured. His foot may land yet before he begins his acceleration process.