Chance The Rapper +8 others concert @USCF

InTheDriversSeat

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/201...park-since-2003

https://www.timeout.com/chicago/blog/chance...ar-field-072516

Announced today, the following R&B acts will appear in concert at U.S. Cellular Field on Saturday, September 24th:

'Chance The Rapper's Magnificent Coloring Day!'

Chance The Rapper

Skrillex

John Legend

Alicia Keys

Lil Wayne

Young Thug

Tyler the Creator

2 Chanz

Lil Uzi Vert

This event will be the first concert at USCF since Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band in 2003. Rolling Stones performed there in 2002. Pastor Joel Osteen had a service at USCF in 2011.

Nice to see another event happening at the White Sox facility, along with the Northern Illinois University football game coming up on November 9th, 2016

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (InTheDriversSeat @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/201...park-since-2003

https://www.timeout.com/chicago/blog/chance...ar-field-072516

Announced today, the following R&B acts will appear in concert at U.S. Cellular Field on Saturday, September 24th:

'Chance The Rapper's Magnificent Coloring Day!'

Chance The Rapper

Skrillex

John Legend

Alicia Keys

Lil Wayne

Young Thug

Tyler the Creator

2 Chanz

Lil Uzi Vert

This event will be the first concert at USCF since Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band in 2003. Rolling Stones performed there in 2002. Pastor Joel Osteen had a service at USCF in 2011.

Nice to see another event happening at the White Sox facility, along with the Northern Illinois University football game coming up on November 9th, 2016

I was at both the Stones and Boss concerts. It is a good place to see a concert.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 06:58 PM)
I was at both the Stones and Boss concerts. It is a good place to see a concert.

It is lights years better than Wrigley for concerts and better than Soldier Field. Only saw one concert at USCF a few at the other two.

I am not even taking location into account.

I am so there, they had me at Tyler and Young Thug (That's my best friend).

It always bothered me that the Sox were not doing anything with Chance the Rapper, outside of the early season commercials and the hats, there hasn't been much activity between the two.

Its glad that this festival is happening and hopefully this is the start of the org getting the change to tap into some alternative revenue streams.

But in all seriousness, does anyone else find it funny that Young Thug and Lil Wayne are playing the same stage

Chance decided to allow fans to buy the previously unavailable "obstructed view" seats. And I got a pair! He sold them for only $25 I stead of $35 for the other cheapseats. My seat is in the LF bleachers. Wont be able to see anything, but they are setting up video screens all over to watch. Going to attempt to sneak to better seats.

Blows my mind that this is cheaper than the friggen NIU game. I know it's 2 different groups running these events, but feel like they could've gotten more for this than they did. Festival goers have no issue dropping a lot more than $50 after fees even for bad views.

QUOTE (soxfan18 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:33 PM)
Blows my mind that this is cheaper than the friggen NIU game. I know it's 2 different groups running these events, but feel like they could've gotten more for this than they did. Festival goers have no issue dropping a lot more than $50 after fees even for bad views.

Well after fees, the regular cheap cheats would come out to $50. On the field seats were going to be about $95 after fees, and club seats like $170.

because niu doesn't project a sellout.

It's because Chance wanted to keep the seats cheap for the fans. As usual it backfires as a lot of people turn around and try to make a boatload on the secondary market with them.