Poll: Are you still watching games?

bmags

Last Week  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still watching?

• Yes
    • No
    • Watching what?

Interested to see how many have checked out on games but still following team. I am still watching QUintana games and hope he ends up in top 5 of cy young.

Question for those still watching: what are you looking for?

Question for all: Can the last week change your impression of the season? I can't help but feel that despite the failures of this season, I'd take it over last any day of the week. But would losing out and having a worse record change that?

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
Interested to see how many have checked out on games but still following team. I am still watching QUintana games and hope he ends up in top 5 of cy young.

Question for those still watching: what are you looking for?

Question for all: Can the last week change your impression of the season? I can't help but feel that despite the failures of this season, I'd take it over last any day of the week. But would losing out and having a worse record change that?

No.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
No.

Yeah, I have to say though, the idea that we could end up with a worse record than last year is kind of astonishing to me. Last year was the least fun I've ever had watching baseball.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 11:54 AM)
I havent watched a game in over a month.

I dont even check the box score either. I do see updates on facebook from time to time that give me a little bit of info. ;) Which shows that I barely even read threads in PHT. lol

Ha, yeah the trib twitter feed gets up on the sox every once in a while and I remember last week going "we lost six in a row again?"

Kept up my usual trajectory.

April - super hyped, live and die with every game

May - still hyped (this is new territory in the last 4 years)

June - paying attention, but starting to see who they really are

July - paying less attention

August - occasionally look up highlights, keep up with key players

Sept - Don't care at all, despise the franchise and promise I'll stop supporting them

April 2017 - spend $400 on opening day tickets, rinse repeat.

When they aren't going anywhere, I hit the doldrums in August, but once September hits, I get a second wind. No baseball for 6 months gets me excited to watch meaningless for the White Sox games.

Me too. The idea of having no White Sox baseball to watch until March, motivates me to watch more baseball in September, even if the team is bad. I'm even planning to go to games this week on Thursday and Saturday. My idea is to buy cheap tickets, and to sit wherever I want in the lower deck.

Also, the end of the season is a chance to watch some prospects who get called up, to find out what they are capable of doing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
When they aren't going anywhere, I hit the doldrums in August, but once September hits, I get a second wind. No baseball for 6 months gets me excited to watch meaningless for the White Sox games.

I agree. Not watching for 6 cold months gets me up to watch as many as I can.

I'm watching some, but still keeping them on the radio whenever I can. There are always a few cold and dark days scattered throughout the winter where I realize that I miss and would like nothing more than to watch an inning or two of KC or Cleveland shellacking Sox pitching, and that it will be months before I can.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)

I usually go to about 15 games a year scattered throughout the season. This year, I've been to six. Last game was the game we hit 7 homers and lost (mid-end of June). May take in one more this week for the reason you gave. I'll miss the option of being able to go.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Kept up my usual trajectory.

April - super hyped, live and die with every game

May - still hyped (this is new territory in the last 4 years)

June - paying attention, but starting to see who they really are

July - paying less attention

August - occasionally look up highlights, keep up with key players

Sept - Don't care at all, despise the franchise and promise I'll stop supporting them

April 2017 - spend $400 on opening day tickets, rinse repeat.

Pretty close to my trajectory except I haven't gone to a game in two years now, so I stopped the money spending part. Been putting the time in on the golf course instead and am down to a single digit handicap....so thank you for that White Sox. If you anymore resembled a competent franchise I would probably still be about a 13.