Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From Rick Hahn to the Chicago Tribune talking about this year's off-season philosophy:

"Almost to a man, they (the players) volunteered that if we brought back the same unit from 2015 into 2016, they were all confident that the results would be much, much better and that we would be very much in the thick of things in 2016," Hahn said. "As I expressed to them at the time, that was pretty unlikely to happen simply because it wasn't working, and when things aren't working, you need to be proactive and find ways you can improve."

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 01:08 AM)
An exclusive form of a catch-all, for those Sox related quotes that truly don't deserve or behoove an individual topic:
Asked Kenny Williams if the #WhiteSox are going to make any moves at MLB Meetings. "Maybe. We're working."

well i am glad he is working, i really would hate to see the sox money being wasted!!

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 18m18 minutes ago

Don't bet on Sale or Quintana trade: 'Our goal to build around them and celebrate a championship with them on White Sox roster,' Hahn said.

I assume this could go here. And I agree

Yep...that post fits and if a seperate discussion spurs from it, then we as mods/admins can pull it out into a separate thread.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 18m18 minutes ago

Don't bet on Sale or Quintana trade: 'Our goal to build around them and celebrate a championship with them on White Sox roster,' Hahn said.

I assume this could go here. And I agree

This makes me happy, but at the same time, other than Rodon they are the only players that will lead to a major shake up in a trade. Makes it sound like we will see much of the same as 2015 in 2016. Expect mediocre upgrades at 3rd base and maybe OF if they can get someone to take Avi...

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)
This makes me happy, but at the same time, other than Rodon they are the only players that will lead to a major shake up in a trade. Makes it sound like we will see much of the same as 2015 in 2016. Expect mediocre upgrades at 3rd base and maybe OF if they can get someone to take Avi...

Avi is not going to be given away. The Sox will happily park him down in AAA or on the bench to start the year if upgrades are made elsewhere in the OF that push him out of the starting lineup. It's always nice to have a guy with his upside around. That doesn't mean they won't move him they can get someone like Lawrie for him.

Rick Hahn says it's been "a busy 24 hours." The bulk of the White Sox focus has been on improving the offense.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/673991323297447936

If there's a player the White Sox want right now and they can backload the contract past 2016, don't see why they wouldn't go after him.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/674038536853680128

Could White Sox make another big splash this winter? They do have $28.7 million off the books from Danks and LaRoche after 2016.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/674038473028972544

There will be raises for Sale, Quintana, Abreu, Eaton, etc. in 2017...but there will still be about $20 million off the table.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/674038918455664641

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 07:35 PM)
Rick Hahn says it's been "a busy 24 hours." The bulk of the White Sox focus has been on improving the offense.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/673991323297447936

If there's a player the White Sox want right now and they can backload the contract past 2016, don't see why they wouldn't go after him.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/674038536853680128

Could White Sox make another big splash this winter? They do have $28.7 million off the books from Danks and LaRoche after 2016.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/674038473028972544

There will be raises for Sale, Quintana, Abreu, Eaton, etc. in 2017...but there will still be about $20 million off the table.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/674038918455664641

That's why Upton makes sense.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
Avi is not going to be given away. The Sox will happily park him down in AAA or on the bench to start the year if upgrades are made elsewhere in the OF that push him out of the starting lineup. It's always nice to have a guy with his upside around. That doesn't mean they won't move him they can get someone like Lawrie for him.

I wasn't suggesting that they give him away. I just don't see anyone giving up much for him. From the sounds of it Oakland is looking for pitching in a trade for lawrie so I doubt we would have a package built around Avi for him.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 08:45 PM)
I wasn't suggesting that they give him away. I just don't see anyone giving up much for him. From the sounds of it Oakland is looking for pitching in a trade for lawrie so I doubt we would have a package built around Avi for him.

Fair enough. Maybe it was the "if they can get someone to take Avi..." comment.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
Phil Rogers on twittwr

On MLB Network, Rick Hahn also mentions position change options at 3B. He's talking about Daniel Murphy. Very interesting. #WhiteSox

He wasn't talking about it. Harold Reynolds brought it up yesterday, and today in the interview. Hahn just went along with it.

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 6m6 minutes ago

Spoke with Vandy baseball coach Tim Corbin who raved about White Sox #1 pick Carson Fullmer. "He’s the nicest, meanest kid I’ve ever seen."

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 3m3 minutes ago

Tim Corbin says that Carson Fullmer is "the strongest-willed kid we've had come through." More than David Price and Sonny Gray. #WhiteSox

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:31 AM)

Spoke with Vandy baseball coach Tim Corbin who raved about White Sox #1 pick Carson Fullmer. "He’s the nicest, meanest kid I’ve ever seen."

Tim Corbin says that Carson Fullmer is "the strongest-willed kid we've had come through." More than David Price and Sonny Gray. #WhiteSox

He is going to either hate or love Chris Sale.

Paging @PFTCommenter.

Sounds like he has plenty of TWTW.