Eaton to Nats/Giolito, Lopez, Dunning to Sox

southsider2k5

If they didn't have the prospects for Sale/Cutch, I don't see how they have the prospects for this. Q is probably worth a little less than Sale, but Eaton should be valued a bit higher than Cutch.

Maybe this is Rizzo try to waste RH/KW's time after they used him to perfection yesterday.

The only thing I can think of is maybe it could depend on what the Yankees were going to give up for Gio. That could have added to their inventory.

But I can't see how you give up both of these guys and not get Turner as part of the package. Even if they gave you their top 10, it isn't worth it IMO.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
If they didn't have the prospects for Sale/Cutch, I don't see how they have the prospects for this. Q is probably worth a little less than Sale, but Eaton should be valued a bit higher than Cutch.

Maybe this is Rizzo try to waste RH/KW's time after they used him to perfection yesterday.

I think they have the prospects, we just liked the package for Sale more then the package they offered. In Cutch's case, I think it is more that the two teams can't agree on what the right price is, not that the nats don't have the talent to get it done. They most definitely have the horses to do it, will they want to pay the price, that is another question.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 01:18 PM)
I think they have the prospects, we just liked the package for Sale more then the package they offered. In Cutch's case, I think it is more that the two teams can't agree on what the right price is, not that the nats don't have the talent to get it done. They most definitely have the horses to do it, will they want to pay the price, that is another question.

I was a little surprised to hear that for most of the baseball industry, package the White Sox received was considered head and shoulders above Giolito/Robles/ Lopez which supposedly was their offer for Sale.

Q/Eaton are so much surplus, Turner has to be part of it, or I don't see how it makes sense for the White Sox. I think trading your 2 most valuable assets to the same team probably isn't the best way to maximize value in a return.

Let's suppose the Nats get Eaton and Q without Turner....you are looking at something like this....

Giolito, Robles, Lopez, Fedde, Kieboom, Dunning, Nuese, Stevenson, Severino, Soto.

Those are their top 8 prospects, plus Severino, their #14 prospect, and Soto, their #15 prospect. How the hell can they feel good about that? Austin Voth then becomes their #1 prospect. That's a terrible farm system.

OR, they include Turner and it's something like....

Turner, Robles,Lopez, Fedde, Stevenson, Severino.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
Q/Eaton are so much surplus, Turner has to be part of it, or I don't see how it makes sense for the White Sox. I think trading your 2 most valuable assets to the same team probably isn't the best way to maximize value in a return.

Everything here is on point.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 01:30 PM)
Let's suppose the Nats get Eaton and Q without Turner....you are looking at something like this....

Giolito, Robles, Lopez, Fedde, Kieboom, Dunning, Nuese, Stevenson, Severino, Soto.

Those are their top 8 prospects, plus Severino, their #14 prospect, and Soto, their #15 prospect. How the hell can they feel good about that? Austin Voth then becomes their #1 prospect. That's a terrible farm system.

OR, they include Turner and it's something like....

Turner, Robles,Lopez, Fedde, Stevenson, Severino.

Using my "Sale was worth half of our fake trade" calculations, would people be okay with

Turner, Robles, Severino

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
Man this is one I have to say I'd be pissed without Turner.

But why on EARTH would Eaton be valuable to them if he's not pushing turner to SS?

Not to mention that Turner has to be a way better CF than Eaton anyway. Not sure that helps them then. You have Bryce Harper in RF, so that ain't happening.