Travelling White Sox fans

leeboy006

I am an Australian White Sox fan who has planned a trip to America for 2 and a half weeks. I will be there between 18 May to 3 June and going to Seattle, Phoenix, Chicago and Detroit.

I have found it difficult to find a group of fans that travel with the team.

Are there any? Do they meet anywhere before or after games?

Any help would be great. I would love to meet people while I am travelling!

QUOTE (leeboy006 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 12:00 AM)
I am an Australian White Sox fan who has planned a trip to America for 2 and a half weeks. I will be there between 18 May to 3 June and going to Seattle, Phoenix, Chicago and Detroit.

I have found it difficult to find a group of fans that travel with the team.

Are there any? Do they meet anywhere before or after games?

Any help would be great. I would love to meet people while I am travelling!

I think your best bet is get to the ballparks early and just look for other fans at the bars/restaurants.

Whenever I went to road games, that is always how we met up with other fans...over a nice cold one!

Welcome to the board!

There aren't really any organized groups of fans that follow the team all season like you would see in European soccer and presumably Australian sports. (That would be impressive for a 162- game season, ha).

You might be able to post on here the day of the games and find some posters that re going and might want to meet up, I know we have some that live in AZ or Seattle. Also, if you search the web for Chicago bars in those cities, it could be easier to find groups of Sox fans in that area.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 11:35 PM)
Welcome to the board!

There aren't really any organized groups of fans that follow the team all season like you would see in European soccer and presumably Australian sports. (That would be impressive for a 162- game season, ha).

You might be able to post on here the day of the games and find some posters that re going and might want to meet up, I know we have some that live in AZ or Seattle. Also, if you search the web for Chicago bars in those cities, it could be easier to find groups of Sox fans in that area.

I will have to see how I go closer to the time. It's a shame the White Sox don't have a fan group where I can meet other fellow fans. I will try and find Chicago bars in each of those towns.

Is there a place fans go to before and after games in Chicago?