AGon discussion, et. al.

Chisoxfn

Sox Talking Three Way Deal for Adrian Gonzalez

By SoxNet.net

SoxNet.net has learned that the Chicago White Sox have had preliminary discussions with the Anaheim Angels and San Diego Padres on a potential 3 way deal which would involve Paul Konerko, Adrian Gonzalez, and Angel and White Sox prospects. SoxNet.net is not aware of the specifics of the trade (ie, names of prospects and exact details as to how many prospects, etc) but the discussions are built on the Sox sending Konerko and prospects in-return for Adrian Gonzalez. The Angels would receive Konerko with the Padres receiving a combination of Sox and Angel prospects. Full Story

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...what would the Angels be willing to give up for Konerko that the Padres would want?

Has Brandon Wood fallen that far in their eyes? He seriously comes to mind there, and that's a guy the Padres m ight take a flyer on. I can't see them giving up someone like Hank Conger for him. Maybe they've soured a bit on Jordan walden and there's another hitter that the Padres could grab.

That'd leave their OF as Hunter, Abreu, Rivera, with Matthews and Willits as backups, so I guess taht RH hitting 1b might be one way of filling their DH slot. But they'd have a 3b opening.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 11:21 AM)
I am sure nothing will be done soon if this is a three way deal.

I dont see why the Angels would want Paulie. Kendry was damn good last year and better than PK. Not sure that they would give up much. Plus KW trades never are started with a rumor, they just happen. I am teased (but excited).

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)
I dont see why the Angels would want Paulie. Kendry was damn good last year and better than PK. Not sure that they would give up much. Plus KW trades never are started with a rumor, they just happen. I am teased (but excited).

The Angels have had their eyes on PK for years...kinda like how KW is accused of paying too much for guys he's had his eyes on, hopefully they do the same here