2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Bolland’s name has been bandied about as potential trade-bait, as the 2013 NHL Entry Draft looms Sunday and free agency begins July 5. The Blackhawks are in a bit of a money crunch – nothing like 2010, mind you – as teams try to whittle down to the $64.3 million cap that begins with the 2013-14 season. They also have a key guy or two to sign – or try to, anyway – in Nick Leddy and Bryan Bickell. Those guys are going to take some cash, and the Blackhawks, outside of compliance buyouts toward Steve Montador and Rostislav Olesz, need to free up some.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks-talk/...e-rumors-stride

Edited by Noonskadoodle

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
Cory Schneider traded by Vancouver for 9th pick to the Devils. Undersold him. Should've got more.

they had no leverage. Everyone knew the situation Vancouver was in.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)
1. COL NATHAN MACKINNON C 2. FLA ALEKSANDER BARKOV C

3. TBL JONATHAN DROUIN LW 4. NSH Seth Jones D

Sucks that he dropped to 4th, now the Hawks are gonna face him & Shea six teams a year for the foreseeable future.

Ryan Hartman Hawks got a hometown kid at 30. Good value pick and loves to mix it up. I had seen him drafted in the late teens in a few mock drafts.

The Blackhawks selected Ryan Hartman with the last pick of the first round of the 2013 NHL entry draft.

Hartman made a name for himself in his first season removed from the United States National Team Development Program playing for the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL. He’s known for his gritty, agitating style of play, as he finished with 120 PIMs in 56 games. However, he is deceptively effective offensively as his 60 points for Plymouth this past season will attest. He's also a gifted skater. While Hartman may take poor minor penalties at times, he’s one of the best in the draft at rattling his opponent. Moreover, he’s very versatile and can fit in on lines with different types of players. He sustained a severe cut on his wrist early in the OHL playoffs, but returned later in Plymouth’s post-season run. The prevailing thought is that the injury won’t be an issue going forward.

Per Rotoworld

Edited by Soxfest

I like the Hartman pick. Taking advantage of a potential big time value that fell a bit and was likely already undervalued due to size. Not sure how much seasoning he needs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 05:41 PM)
Bolland to Toronto for picks.

51st, 117th, and a fourth rounder next year.

Better than a pure salary dump, I'd say!

Hawks have 11.2 million in cap room.

Happy with the Hartman pick. I watched all of the World Juniors games in Russia last year, so I'm already somewhat familiar with Hartman. He was on the line that shut down the other team's top players, and did so effectively.

2/3 of the Forwards on the ice for the winning goal are gone. Frolik's play on the PK will be missed. However, saving $5.7 in cap space AND picking up 5 draft picks is awesome between the 2 trades. We got the 2nd and 3rd rounders back that we used in the Oduya trade.

which allows the Hawks to do this:

The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have agreed to terms with forward Bryan Bickell on a four-year contract.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id...vid=DL|CHI|home

Edited by RME JICO