2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iowa State receives approval to expand their stadium to 60,000 by horseshoeing the south end zone and adding an upper deck. We're also now the second biggest university in the Big 12 behind Texas, which is kinda neat.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 07:00 AM)
Kain Colter sounds like a complete moron. They should probably replace him if they believe this can succeed.

And the fact he has job offers from the likes of Goldman Sachs and others makes me believe playing football opens more doors than I even thought before.

Especially since he admitted he wouldn't have gotten into NW without football.

Those dirty cheaters at Oklahoma:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...-too-much-pasta

The NCAA apparently has rules about everything when it comes to college athletics.

Even pasta eating.

A list of benign secondary violations that Oklahoma's athletic department reported to the NCAA included one bizarre anecdote: According to The Oklahoman, three unnamed Sooners athletes ate more food during a graduation banquet than NCAA rules allow. The violations occurred on May 10, 2013, according to the newspaper.

The specific item overindulged on was pasta.

To have their eligibility reinstated, the three had to donate $3.83 each (the cost of the pasta servings) to charities of their choice.

Although the players were not identified, offensive linemen Gabe Ikard and Austin Woods took to Twitter to fess up for piling on the pasta and claim they paid $5 for the food.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 07:00 AM)
Kain Colter sounds like a complete moron. They should probably replace him if they believe this can succeed. And the fact he has job offers from the likes of Goldman Sachs and others makes me believe playing football opens more doors than I even thought before.

I believe it was him that made a full comparison of college football to the Navy SEALS. Just for that he needs to be replaced.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 20, 2014 -> 11:07 AM)
Wow, in the land of stupid, that might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen out of the NCAA.

For the record, the NCAA has come out and said food portion size is not against the rules. Oklahoma reported a violation that wasn't actually a violation.

• 3 weeks later...

UT, and many others, are beginning to kick off Spring practice. I'm just happy football is back, even if it is just practice. Exciting to see who has stepped up/improved, and what the EE's can bring to the table.

Edited by dasox24

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 03:50 PM)
An interesting name came up for the next head coach for Illinois, Greg Schiano

I believe I mentioned him a long while ago for the job. Would be an incredible upgrade over the worst coach in the history of athletic competition.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
An interesting name came up for the next head coach for Illinois, Greg Schiano

Ugh. While the upgrade at coaching intelligence would be nice, he just seems like an awful person and you don't get more meathead than him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
Ugh. While the upgrade at coaching intelligence would be nice, he just seems like an awful person and you don't get more meathead than him.

Heck of a college coach with no ncaa violation baggage. Would be a heck of a hire when Beckham is fired

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 01:35 PM)
Heck of a college coach with no ncaa violation baggage. Would be a heck of a hire when Beckham is fired

I have no doubt that he would turn the program around quickly. I just would really struggle to root for him.