2014 NFL Draft Thread

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014

It's getting to be that time of the year, so rather than mix up free agency, trades, and rumors with any sort of other draft information, we'll keep them separate.

---

A guy I know says that he doesn't think any of the top 3 QBs - Bortles, Bridgewater, and Manziel - are even top 10 worthy. I actually tend to agree with him, even though I think that at least 2, and perhaps as many as 3, go in the top 5. Given, a lot of this depends upon further pre-draft workouts and visits, but what do you think?

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 02:39 PM)
I think Bridgewater is a top 5 pick. I think Houston should take him.

The other ones I'm not so sure of.

I've been pretty adament about my love for Bridgewater for a while now, but his combine performance raises more than a few eyebrows. He's got a bit of Roethlisberger/Ryan to his game that I really like, but why not run the 40? It's not like he's going to run a 4.50. If he runs 4.90 (or 5.00 or even 5.10, he's fine).

My only thought is that it comes back to him being hurt, or maybe challenging scouts and personnel to look beyond his 40 time and forcing them to study his tape.

I actually think Bortles goes #1, though Mack would make that Houston defense absolutely frightening.

QUOTE (AJUribe @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
I think the most interesting storyline that no one is talking about, is the absolute haul St. Louis is about to get for that #2 pick.

I don't think it's a home run that they make that trade. Even having just drafted Austin #8 last year, I could see them looking into either Clowney or Watkins. Both would greatly improve them.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
I'm hoping CJ Mosley falls to the Packers.

Make this happen football gods!!

I saw in on a Mock today. That would be big for them.

I also saw that Evans could go to the Lions. Wow that would be tough.

The two best players I saw last year live against my team were Mack and Watkins. I truly believe Watkins is a franchise WR.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 03:51 PM)
I saw in on a Mock today. That would be big for them.

I also saw that Evans could go to the Lions. Wow that would be tough.

The two best players I saw last year live against my team were Mack and Watkins. I truly believe Watkins is a franchise WR.

Probably just me being biased, but I don't see Mike Evans getting past Buffalo at 9, no matter what the experts are mocking right now, unless Watkins somehow falls or Max/Clowney get that far, and I don't see any of that happening. The current Bills regime waited until the 2nd round to get their left tackle, so why would they take a right tackle with the 9th pick, which is a super premium pick? Worth noting is that said RT prospect would play RT for the Bills because Glenn is a much better pass blocker than run blocker.

Calvin Pryor has come up as a possibility for that pick too, but even if he's a monster, I think they still either sign or franchise Byrd. Getting EJ a big weapon on offense makes too much sense, and Evans can play a similar role to VJax/Graham for EJ.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
I could be way off, but I just don't get the hype around Manziel.

As a college player I get it, but in the NFL. No way.

I really don't know what to think of him. I don't consider anything he did off the field as bad, and the kid has interviewed extremely well. I can't think of a more polarizing player in recent years.

I think Manziel will be a top 15 QB. I'd probably hate the kid if he went to my high school, but on the other hand he played football the way everyone dreams they would be playing football. His pocket presence is phenomenal, and nothing cripples a QBs chances more than not being able to hang there (see Blaine Gabbert). I think for some reason people think he has Tim Tebow's arm just because he had so much success in college and was so popular.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 07:26 AM)
I really hope one of Benjamin or Beckham are there for Kansas City to draft at 23

I definitely think they'll both be there.

---

Going to St. Louis for the draft to watch with (at least) a couple football psychos. I love the draft.