Midwest Region

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 16, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)
Good luck, Wichita St. 2nd and 3rd games vs Kentucky and then Louisville.

Which is exactly why Louisville got a 4 seed and exactly why this bracket is loaded. Apparently they want to make sure the Shockers get shocked.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 16, 2014 -> 05:44 PM)
Two matchups I really didn't want to see for WSU were Kentucky and MSU. Hopefully KState can take out the Cats.

Interesting matchup with Kentucky. The true "experienced team" against the "bunch of young talent thrown together" (although playing more like a team lately).

Tennessee and Iowa are both better than an 11 seed. This is a bulls*** play-in game. The committee is awful. Louisville as a 4 seed? Are they joking?

I can't figure out why the committee hates Tennessee. Kept us out the last 2 years when we should have been in, and then this year they make us play a good Iowa team in the First 4 game. Get out of here.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 16, 2014 -> 10:12 PM)
Tennessee and Iowa are both better than an 11 seed. This is a bulls*** play-in game. The committee is awful. Louisville as a 4 seed? Are they joking?

I can't figure out why the committee hates Tennessee. Kept us out the last 2 years when we should have been in, and then this year they make us play a good Iowa team in the First 4 game. Get out of here.

I don't know a ton about Tennessee, but Iowa is not better than an 11 seed.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 16, 2014 -> 10:36 PM)
Unbelievable the committee did this to the shockers

They got a #1 seed by playing the 98th ranked schedule this season. God forbid they have to actually play a few good teams in their attempt to make it to Arlington.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 05:43 AM)
I'm wondering if Michigan had won yesterday, if they would've been #1 and WSU would've been a 2 or 3.

Only going off the fact that SF Austin is an 11 at 31-2.

Nah. The committee said they had three 1 seeds locked in before yesterday's games. WSU was definitely one of them.

I'm wondering if Michigan had won yesterday, if they would've been #1 and WSU would've been a 2 or 3.

Only going off the fact that SF Austin is an 11 at 31-2.

Virginia is the #1 seed that Michigan or Villanova could have potentially had. The other three have been settled for a while.

WSU is #4 in the RPI, #4 in Pomeroy and #3 in BPI

SF Austin is #57 in RPI, #59 in Pomeroy and #73 in BPI

The two teams really aren't comparable.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 09:21 PM)
Took long enough for our offense to show up. 30 minutes of awful basketball to start a game was not what I wanted, but we hung tough. Proud of the way we fought back tonight.

I shouldn't be surprised. Iowa couldn't hold onto leads all season. Their lack of toughness and overall defensive issues failed them in the end. This is about as dissapointed as I've been in a season since the year Alford actually delivered a strong season and they lost to freaking Northwestern State or whomever the hell it was. Hope everything is well with Fran's son and that the Hawks learn from this. Even w/Marble leaving they should be a solid squad next year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 11:24 PM)
I shouldn't be surprised. Iowa couldn't hold onto leads all season. Their lack of toughness and overall defensive issues failed them in the end. This is about as dissapointed as I've been in a season since the year Alford actually delivered a strong season and they lost to freaking Northwestern State or whomever the hell it was. Hope everything is well with Fran's son and that the Hawks learn from this. Even w/Marble leaving they should be a solid squad next year.

This game was like a microcosm of the whole Iowa season. Started out great and then faltered at the end. But you guys have a lot of solid players. Should be a pretty good team next year. Not that it'll make you feel any better, but this experience will help in the long-run.

I too hope McCaffery's son is doing well and continues to get better.