Pirates

Jim Fainter

Can you imagine how s***ty the Pirates would have been for the last year and a half if they still had Todd Ritchie in the front of their rotation and did not have either Wells or Fogg?

I try not to think about such things, it's too depressing.

I think the team benefitted from that trade in the long run because we picked up Colon and Loiaza both guys we probably wouldn't have wanted because we would be relying on Fogg and Wells in their spots. Our rotation of Buerhle, Wells, Garland, Wright and Fogg is no where near what we currently have so in this regard I like the Ritchie trade.

I think the team benefitted from that trade in the long run because we picked up Colon and Loiaza both guys we probably wouldn't have wanted because we would be relying on Fogg and Wells in their spots.  Our rotation of Buerhle, Wells, Garland, Wright and Fogg is no where near what we currently have so in this regard I like the Ritchie trade.

I think we shud try and f*** over the giants by acquiring Foppert and Ainsworth for Colon.....pipedream? I doubt it.

I think we shud try and f*** over the giants by acquiring Foppert and Ainsworth for Colon.....pipedream? I doubt it.

Why does everone want Ainsworth. It seems to me that everytime I turn around he is injured. I would rather have Bulworth or Williams.

That trade never looked good. We traded 2 good young pitchers for a career average starter. The deal got worse after Ritchie was awful and Wells and Fogg blossomed.

I agree that one trade was terrible but in the grand scheme of things I like our team better now than if we had Wells and Fogg. We would have no room for Loiaza and he is our best pitcher right now. This makes up for those two and I still think Wells is not an AL pitcher.