White Sox vs Mariners 3:10 CST

Kyyle23

F*** Seattle and the rain they brought with them, part deux. Go Sox

I heard Floyd went and had a surgical procedure to get his head removed from his rear end. There were no complications so he should be good to go today.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be by the Beers of the World stand in LF during the top of the third today and tomorrow I'll buy the first one to say "Hey Marty" a beer each day. I'll be wearing a Sox hat with a shamrock on the back of it. Can't make it too easy for you, right? :D

Edited by Marty34

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
1 game back of Texas for best record in the AL.

Winning streaks do wonders.

Winning streaks win divisions. The "winning series" philosophy is a bad philosophy. I think Robin has this team only thinking about showing up to the park THAT DAY, and playing the game the right way, and with the talent they have, good results will happen.

By the way, take away the head-to-head vs Texas in their park, and the Sox have the same record as Texas. Sox are in very good shape.

Dodgers have come back to the pack also...only 2 games better than the Sox for best record in MLB.

Sox need to keep this rolling at home the next 8, so that when they go on the road vs the defending World Champ Cards and the best team in baseball Dodgers,they have some cushion. Being on a roll when they get to interleague play is a good concept,instead of waiting until they start interleague play to get on a roll. Roll into interleague play,then keep rolling!

QUOTE (Hawk09 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 09:30 AM)
Dodgers have come back to the pack also...only 2 games better than the Sox for best record in MLB.

Sox need to keep this rolling at home the next 8, so that when they go on the road vs the defending World Champ Cards and the best team in baseball Dodgers,they have some cushion. Being on a roll when they get to interleague play is a good concept,instead of waiting until they start interleague play to get on a roll. Roll into interleague play,then keep rolling!

The Dodgers are not as good as their record suggests...they've been getting good pitching out of Ted Lilly/Aaron Harang/Chris Capuano...that will not continue at the rate they have been...and now Kemp looks like he may be out another month...I've been watching the Dodgers quite a bit lately...we are a much better team than they are right now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)
The Dodgers are not as good as their record suggests...they've been getting good pitching out of Ted Lilly/Aaron Harang/Chris Capuano...that will not continue at the rate they have been...and now Kemp looks like he may be out another month...I've been watching the Dodgers quite a bit lately...we are a much better team than they are right now.

That's the truth. Lilly just went on the DL. There is no way in hell Capuano will keep pitching like a top 5 Cy Young candidate. (last night @ Coors doesn't really count though) Abreu & Jerry Hairston Jr. have had revitalizations so far, they are probably due to regress.

And Ted Lilly is also on the shelf now with a sore shoulder, so the Sox will not be facing him either. Which is good, because Lilly has generally been pretty good against the Sox.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
And Ted Lilly is also on the shelf now with a sore shoulder, so the Sox will not be facing him either. Which is good, because Lilly has generally been pretty good against the Sox.

Viciedo would very much like to hit Lilly's mediocre fastball these days. But yes, Dodgers are definitely heading back towards middle of the pack. Giants should win that division, especially with Melky Ruth in their lineup.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
Viciedo would very much like to hit Lilly's mediocre fastball these days. But yes, Dodgers are definitely heading back towards middle of the pack. Giants should win that division, especially with Melky Ruth in their lineup.

It'll be interesting to see if Colorado will once again go on a run in the fall after almost burying themselves to start the season...

that lineup isnt all that great either. i know kemp is hurt but jerry hairston batting 4th? cmon, i know hes doing good but still. hes been a bench player, that wont last

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
I am benching Gavin today in Fantasy because I don't trust him anymore until he gets on one of his runs.

Therefore he is guaranteed to throw a complete game shutout. You're welcome.

Floyd's best months are June and July. It's June.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
Kosuke cf

Beckham 2b

Dunn dh

Lilli 1b

Rios rf

Flowers C

Tank LF

Ramirez SS

Escobar 3b

Just kidding, same lineup of course.

I have the true lineup written by DA MAN

DA Da cf

DA Sizzle Bacon 2b

DA Adam Bomb duh

DA King Paulie 1b

DA tar... that alex rios rf

DA Zynski c

DA yan tank lf

DA Xei missile ss

DA oh! 3b

DA pink Floyd p

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 12:05 PM)
I have the true lineup written by DA MAN

DA Da cf

DA Sizzle Bacon 2b

DA Adam Bomb duh

DA King Paulie 1b

DA tar... that alex rios rf

DA AJP c

DA yan tank lf

DA Xei missile ss

DA oh! 3b

DA pink Floyd p

FTFY.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 06:58 PM)
I am benching Gavin today in Fantasy because I don't trust him anymore until he gets on one of his runs.

Therefore he is guaranteed to throw a complete game shutout. Your welcome.

Pitch him. It's at home. We're playing Seattle. Sox are going for 10 in a row.

Pitch him. Or don't pitch him for the jinx to take place and him to throw a great game.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
Pitch him. It's at home. We're playing Seattle. Sox are going for 10 in a row.

Pitch him. Or don't pitch him for the jinx to take place and him to throw a great game.

But we don't play well at home.

In all seriousness, Floyd has been lights out career-wise against the Mariners. Which probably means nothing because of the 12+ ERA in his last 3 starts.