FutureSox Podcast #2 is up

NorthSideSox72

FutureSox's second podcast, featuring Dan, Blake and Matt, is now up on iTunes and our podcast host (pod-o-matic). You can go here for links to download or search for FutureSox Podcast on iTunes. We talk minor league rosters (surprises and role changes) and first weekend impressions.

If you missed the first one, links are here, or again, search on iTunes. In that one we went through over/under-rated prospects, the underachieving outfield four and some other topics.

We plan to do a couple more before the draft, including one focusing on said draft, and would love suggestions or questions/topics. So fire away!

As NSS said, please feel free to ask questions. We have no problem coming up with topics on our own, but if there are things you want us to discuss or players you maybe want us to go a little more in depth on, or just anything in general, fire away. We do this because we like talking Sox minor league stuff, but we're primarily doing it for your pleasure.

Just wanted you guys to know that I listened to both episodes today and thoroughly enjoyed! I live in the Winston-Salem area and have followed the White Sox for years. The podcast has me excited to get out and see my first live baseball of the year and check out what some of the Sox best young prospects are doing.

I got to see Hawkins up close from the OF seats here in WS last season. His defense in center did look solid from everything I saw, and you guys are right in saying that people forget with his power tool that he can play an outfield position well. He has good speed too and can be a true 5-tool player if he can put it all together. You guys also have me excited to see Jacob May this year, who I didn't know as much about before hearing the podcast.

Anyway, just wanted you guys to know that a fellow baseball nerd enjoyed the podcast today. Thanks for doing this!

Glad to hear someone enjoyed it. Thanks for the feedback. Feel free to tell us something we can improve on or something you want us to talk about. We kind of all forgot to ask for questions earlier for this episode, but I know we'd all love to have a fan submitted question segment.

Really enjoyable again.

Would like to hear on the following topics, if any pique your interest:

- Adam Lopez and Tony Bucciferro and their dominance versus their age for the level

- Cleuluis Rondon and will he be able to hit at all

- Carl Thomore and if he's still a legitimate prospect

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 11:12 PM)
Really enjoyable again.

Would like to hear on the following topics, if any pique your interest:

- Adam Lopez and Tony Bucciferro and their dominance versus their age for the level

- Cleuluis Rondon and will he be able to hit at all

- Carl Thomore and if he's still a legitimate prospect

Thanks, and thanks - we'll start putting together a list of questions and those are good ones.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 01:08 AM)
I thought the Guerra claim was a steal, but North can you explain the point one of yall made about having to clear him through waivers to move him up? Thanks

I think that got lost a bit in translation, with what Blake was trying to say. Guerra is not on the 40 man roster. He can be added, but I think Blake was trying to point out that if there are 40 guys on the 40, then someone has to come off and clear waivers to stay in the org.

But, the 40 is at 39 right now. And Avisail will likely be transferred to the 60-day, which will drop it one more to 38. So it isn't an issue at present.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 08:00 AM)
I think that got lost a bit in translation, with what Blake was trying to say. Guerra is not on the 40 man roster. He can be added, but I think Blake was trying to point out that if there are 40 guys on the 40, then someone has to come off and clear waivers to stay in the org.

But, the 40 is at 39 right now. And Avisail will likely be transferred to the 60-day, which will drop it one more to 38. So it isn't an issue at present.

I didn't understand how we were able to assign him without having to clear waivers.