4/8 Games

flavum

Carl Thomore is an interesting story, a 2011 second round pick by the Rockies out of high school that sustained a horrific leg injury that really set his development back. Looks like a reclamation project and a long shot but at least he making consistent contact so far this season, I'll be interested in tracking his progress throughout the season.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 04:17 PM)
Carl Thomore is an interesting story, a 2011 second round pick by the Rockies out of high school that sustained a horrific leg injury that really set his development back. Looks like a reclamation project and a long shot but at least he making consistent contact so far this season, I'll be interested in tracking his progress throughout the season.

Thomore is an interesting story, with his stunted development, but he has an upside if he can get back on track.

http://riveraveblues.com/2011/06/2011-draf...-thomore-49384/

John (Denver)

Rox first pick today, Carl Thomore, any thoughts? By the way, the Guiness cupcakes are awesome.

Klaw (2:47 PM)

First pick of theirs I really liked. Hit/power tools, avg run, great makeup. Ends up in an outfield corner.

http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/baseball/i..._prospects.html

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
Saladino off to a hot start in Charlotte. Would love to see him regain his form after a couple down seasons.

He just has too many options in front of him now...Gillaspie, Beckham, Keppinger, Ramirez, Sanchez, Semien, Leury Garcia and Micah Johnson.

If he could legitimately play MLB shortstop, then he might be able to make it as a utility guy, but we already have more than enough of them.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 08:30 PM)
Hawkins 3 for 5 with a HR, 2B, and 5 RBI

Trying to talk a friend of mine to travel to WS to catch a game this year before the legit prospects get sent to AA... Would love to see their 1-5.....

May - Anderson - Hawkins - Barnum - Coats

Some serious tools between those 5 guys.

May is struggling quite badly but its still very early.

Anderson is hitting for more power than I thought he would, but there's a bit too much K in his game.

Presumably Carolina league pitchers are still busting Courtney with offspeed stuff. Showing good adjustments so far.

So many Ks tho.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 09:39 PM)
May is struggling quite badly but its still very early.

Anderson is hitting for more power than I thought he would, but there's a bit too much K in his game.

Presumably Carolina league pitchers are still busting Courtney with offspeed stuff. Showing good adjustments so far.

So many Ks tho.

Yeah, while it's hard to complain about the results so far, Hawkins really needs to get that K rate closer to 25% before I get too excited.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 10:14 PM)
Yeah, while it's hard to complain about the results so far, Hawkins really needs to get that K rate closer to 25% before I get too excited.

Yeah, Hawkins had 10 HR, 24 RBI in his first 27 games last season. But he was batting .200 and had 51 Ks by then too.

If he gets to 10 HR by his 27th game this season, I hope to god he is hitting above .240 and has no more than like 30 Ks, which is still too many, but digestible with that much power.