Illinois vs North Carolina Thread

This game is gonna come down to Dee and Deron hitting their shots..... I suppose that is a no brainer, but this could be a very fast paced game and we need them to be on or North Carolina will try to run away with it. I love our defense again this year, so hopefully they dont get too many fast break points. Powell was getting a lot of offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points in the game against Temple, hopefully he keeps that up. And Im looking for James Augustine to have a 14 pt/10 rebound type day, he runs down the court as good as any forward/center in the league....

My prediction:

Illinois 78 NC 74

Go Illini!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can keep those 3 to a minimum... i was really impressed with May last year, especially against us in the challenge last year...

On a side note.... Dicky V will be announcing the game, so im sure he'll be charging up the Tar Heel faithful before the game starts, he sure loves the ACC/Duke.....

I think we can keep those 3 to a minimum... i was really impressed with May last year, especially against us in the challenge last year...

On a side note.... Dicky V will be announcing the game, so im sure he'll be charging up the Tar Heel faithful before the game starts, he sure loves the ACC/Duke.....

I saw Sean May as a sophomore in HS and he was a monster. I can't wait to see how he has progressed. Back then I remember how soft his touch was from the outside, much like his dad was at IU back in the day.

It is amazing how soft a touch he has for a big man, lets just hope he doesnt have it tonight....  btw, southsider2k4... your an illinois fan right??

Nah, I am from Indiana. Actually the Illini are one of my least favorite teams. I have a hard time keeping a favorite team because I follow a school more for their coach than for the school, its players, or its program. I have been a Pitino fan forever so I am a Kentucky fan (even though he is gone, I still follow them), also I know Steve Alford from where I went to college so I follow Iowa too. I am an Indiana University fan a lot more so now the Mike Davis is in charge. But I am a Big 10 and MidMajor fan above all else.

Nah, I am from Indiana.  Actually the Illini are one of my least favorite teams.  I have a hard time keeping a favorite team because I follow a school more for their coach than for the school, its players, or its program.  I have been a Pitino fan forever so I am a Kentucky fan (even though he is gone, I still follow them), also I know Steve Alford from where I went to college so I follow Iowa too.  I am an Indiana University fan a lot more so now the Mike Davis is in charge.  But I am a Big 10 and MidMajor fan above all else.

Well, at least your rooting for the Big 10 then.....

Ok Heather.... this may be my first argument with a fellow Carlos fan... but

WHAT!

how can you pull for NC!

Cuz I hate EVERYTHING about the U of I...I wish every ill that could possibly happen on the Illini...My hate for the Illwhyni is on the same lines as that of the Dead Things, Crappers, and c***s (that's Red Wings, Packers, and Cubs)!

I'm going to work right now, but will gladly let you know more about this hate if you so desire.

Cuz I hate EVERYTHING about the U of I...I wish every ill that could possibly happen on the Illini...My hate for the Illwhyni is on the same lines as that of the Dead Things, Crappers, and c***s (that's Red Wings, Packers, and Cubs)!

I'm going to work right now, but will gladly let you know more about this hate if you so desire.

How can you say you hate the Illini has much as the Cubs... come on, it cant be that bad! :o

who won in football this year? oh yeah the mighty illini :lol:

Nah, I am from Indiana.  Actually the Illini are one of my least favorite teams.  I have a hard time keeping a favorite team because I follow a school more for their coach than for the school, its players, or its program.  I have been a Pitino fan forever so I am a Kentucky fan (even though he is gone, I still follow them), also I know Steve Alford from where I went to college so I follow Iowa too.  I am an Indiana University fan a lot more so now the Mike Davis is in charge.  But I am a Big 10 and MidMajor fan above all else.

We gotta root for the Illini now......f***in' IU tonight...... :o

Not a bad half, except for that s*** at the end when they were careless which caused them to be down 6... Powell and Deron stepped up huge, we need Dee to have a huge 2nd half to win this game. Hopefully we can contain May down low a little better, maybe some double teams, but they have too many 3 point shooters so its tough...

Go Illini!

The things that jumped out at me about Illinois was #1 they were very slow getting back on D, and #2 they have little inside game.

They miss Cook for the inside game, because Augustine/Powell is the best post up guys for now, and Smith is just too soft. And he's not hitting his shots, which is even worse...

Things I see:

Deron looks good, give him the ball

Nick Smith playing another subpar game offensively and defensively

We keep trading baskets with these guys, we will lose.  So far we are taking better care of the ball in 2nd half.

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you talking about, Smith has played pretty well. He hasn't shot well but he has had some real nice passes and has done a half way decent job on May. Dee Brown is the guy killing us tonight.