Game Thread 8/24, Twinkies Game 2

Texsox

:gosoxretro: I've never started the game thread. Slump buster? or another bust?

This is the moment for Mark to set the tone. Be the ace. Oops, Freddy did that last night. This is the moment for Paulie to spark some offense.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:00 AM)
:gosoxretro: I've never started the game thread. Slump buster? or another bust?

This is the moment for Mark to set the tone. Be the ace. Oops, Freddy did that last night. This is the moment for Paulie to spark some offense.

Buehrle does need to step up like he never has before. It would be devastating to lose the first two games of this series and position ourselves for six straight losses against the Twins. If we lose tonight against Mays, I guarantee we'll lose tomorrow against Silva. No excuses not to win against a struggling lineup missing two productive hitters (Stewart/Hunter).

Time to hike up your panties and pitch like an ace, Mark.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
Buehrle does need to step up like he never has before. It would be devastating to lose the first two games of this series and position ourselves for six straight losses against the Twins. If we lose tonight against Mays, I guarantee we'll lose tomorrow against Silva. No excuses not to win against a struggling lineup missing two productive hitters (Stewart/Hunter).

Time to hike up your panties and pitch like an ace, Mark.

I heard Jacque Jones will also be out the next two days for a funeral...so no hitters in the lineup...you f***os better win! Go Sox! Time to turn the frowns upside-down!

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
Mike I heard he's doubtful but it will be a game time desicion.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
I had read somewhere this morning that he was a no-go.

Wow so they will be minus Torri, Jones, and Stewart? We HAVE to take this one.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
A win tonight means a lot more confidence in a club that has just broken my heart the past couple of weeks.

Past couple weeks? This team has broken my heart longer than that!

Even though, the Twinkies will be without their starting outfield, they still have Lew Ford, Morneau, Cuddyer, and Fat LeCroy. All certified Sox Killers.

Not to mention Cy Mays on the mound.

But enough of the negativity. I woke up thinking that Cleveland has to lose sometime. We have to score runs sometime. We have to beat Minnesota sometime. Tonight's the night. Let's enlarge the lead. Get back on track.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
We're going to win this. I just have a feeling.

When you face a team's worst starter with your top starter pitching and the other team is missing their entire outfield, we should damn well win this. So I agree we are breaking out tonight double digits to 0.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
We're going to win this. I just have a feeling.

I agree. I think the Sox have absorbed this slump and are now breaking out. That was a GREAT game last night. And I like the way the Sox play on the road. Hope to see Pablo leading off again. I'll take his poor defense for his spark.