Matt Dominguez

GGajewski18

He doesn't strike out as much as I would have thought he would. 20% k-rate last year, 16% the year before. He also doesn't walk much either, or hit for a very good average.

I don't know what his defense is like, but if he's an above average fielder, I'd give him a flier for sure.

EDIT: Apparently he was known as a defensive wizard in the minors, Goldstein at one point calling him the best defensive 3B in all the minors. Apparently that sentiment has not translated in to glowing advanced metrics so far, but he seems to pass the smell test. One reason for the metrics not loving him are that the Astros shift a TON and shifts aren't accounted for in fielding metrics, so that could skew his numbers poorly.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
I just posted this in the MLB thread. I would not be surprised at all see the Sox take a flyer on him.

We don't need other teams castoffs for sure

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
He doesn't strike out as much as I would have thought he would. 20% k-rate last year, 16% the year before. He also doesn't walk much either, or hit for a very good average.

I don't know what his defense is like, but if he's an above average fielder, I'd give him a flier for sure.

EDIT: Apparently he was known as a defensive wizard in the minors, Goldstein at one point calling him the best defensive 3B in all the minors. Apparently that sentiment has not translated in to glowing advanced metrics so far, but he seems to pass the smell test. One reason for the metrics not loving him are that the Astros shift a TON and shifts aren't accounted for in fielding metrics, so that could skew his numbers poorly.

Yeah he was supposed to be glove-first when he was coming up with the Marlins. I'd certainly give him a flyer but maybe I'm just falling for the name, as I remember when he was a legit prospect.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
Can't hit or field. Sign him up. .660 OPS in the PCL is a bit discouraging. The guy from fangraphs who used to love this guy, now works for the Astros and they DFA'd him. That's pretty much all you need to know.

Kevin Goldstein.

And he was one of the two players who turned down long-term extensions like the ones Springer and Singleton (wisely) signed.

The other was Robbie Grossman.

Hoefully Davidsoin can get it figured out. He is leading Charlotte in HR's ad RBI's and of course in K's. Needs to make more contact or be more patient at the plate. I don't know what is the main reason for so many K's. Batting average is low and has been since we got him from AZ. Is his defense better than Gillaspie?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 04:22 PM)
Hoefully Davidsoin can get it figured out. He is leading Charlotte in HR's ad RBI's and of course in K's. Needs to make more contact or be more patient at the plate. I don't know what is the main reason for so many K's. Batting average is low and has been since we got him from AZ. Is his defense better than Gillaspie?

i am trying to figure this out.... mathematically, can he hit enuf to make the majors???