4/23 Games

Sleepy Harold

Charlotte Postponed

Jacksonville (5-11) @ Birmingham (5-11), Tomshaw vs Guerrero, MiLB.tv, 3:00 CT

DOUBLE HEADER

Winston Salem (5-11) @ Wilmington (6-9), Thompson vs Griffin, 12:05 CT

(Game 2 Starter for WS is Easterling, TBD for Wilmington)

Hickory (6-11) @ Kannapolis (8-9), Rodriguez vs Dunning, 1:05 CT

http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?c...mp;ymd=20170423

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2017 -> 09:12 PM)
Well, at least Basabe's up to a 762 OPS.

So there's at least one positive at Winston-Salem.

I'm very, very impressed with the fact that Collins has thrown out 10 of 14 would be base stealers, and has picked off at least 3 others. His offensive numbers aren't really on my mind much.

Well, yeah. I don't think we can really start "worrying" about any players until at least the end of May, at the earliest.

And certainly if the situation was reversed and Collins was raking and about to be promoted to Birmingham but looking terrible defensively and already being moved to 1B/DH, then that wouldn't be as helpful for putting together a future White Sox playoff team, for sure.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 23, 2017 -> 10:36 PM)
I'm very, very impressed with the fact that Collins has thrown out 10 of 14 would be base stealers, and has picked off at least 3 others. His offensive numbers aren't really on my mind much.

I'm at the same place I would rather he focus on his defense which he is doing while maintaining his plate discipline than focus only on hitting at this stage. If he can stick behind the dish the sox are better served.

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 06:16 AM)
I'm at the same place I would rather he focus on his defense which he is doing while maintaining his plate discipline than focus only on hitting at this stage. If he can stick behind the dish the sox are better served.

100% agreed

Defense is what I am much more concerned about in this stage of his development as he is most valuable to the organization as a catcher

His plate discipline makes his offensive floor reasonably high. I think he could put up respectable averages with very solid obp and solid pop. Not sure if he will be a star, but a capable mlb starting catcher is nothing to scoff at