Dunning Promoted to WS

Rowand44

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 05:19 PM)
You really think 29 other teams would trade for Dunning over Lopez/Giolito based on 4 Sally League starts?

Some would argue against Giolito, but Lopez?

100% agree. Dunning has definitely opened some eyes given how good he was, but he should have never been assigned to low A in the first place. I'd still take Lopez & Giolito over Dunning at the moment no questions asked.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 09:07 PM)
Giolito's 11 walks, 3 HBP and 4 dingers in 19 innings not inspiring.

Lopez 13 walks, 1 HBP in 20 innings not much better.

Gilolito is revamping his mechanics against AAA hitters. Not sure what's going on with Lopez, but he could be pitching working on a pitch. Still way too early to panic with either of these guys.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 11:21 PM)
Hey, so this thread is about Dunning.

Congrats to him, he's definitely an exciting follow, and I look forward to being able to watch him pitch with my Milb.tv subscription.

Polished college arms like Dunning should perform well in the low minors, but I would argue that Dunning has so far exceeded those expectations considerably.

He has plus control which really helps his stuff play up. He rarely issues walks, forcing the other team to work hard for every run.

I would not be surprised if his success continues at high A ball, leading to another promotion to AA later this season.

While it's too soon to say who the best prospect in the Eaton deal will be, I would not bet against Dunning because he has an excellent starter's frame at 6'4", 200 lbs, and has plus control.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 2, 2017 -> 11:33 PM)
I will keep mentioning this: Dunning hasn't given up a run since the 1st inning of his first start of the year

31 innings and only allowing 1 earned run is impressive at ANY level