baseball america prospect rankings

Princess Dye

QUOTE (hi8is @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 11:41 PM)
I just think 30 collectively for their total careers is pretty modest.

Not when you consider that 2 or 3 of those 5 are likely to never amount to anything. If one of them turns out to be average, and one of them turns out to be great, you could be looking at 30 WAR combined.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 09:47 PM)
Not when you consider that 2 or 3 of those 5 are likely to never amount to anything. If one of them turns out to be average, and one of them turns out to be great, you could be looking at 30 WAR combined.

Yea, well sign me up for the over.

Harold Reynolds, commenting on Moncada at #2, said he felt he should go north w Sox and learn on the job rather than at AAA. He felt playing in Boston last year should benefit him despite the poor showing because of exposure to guys like Ortiz and Pedroia.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 11, 2017 -> 11:36 AM)
Was not surprised to see Giolito ranking as Cooper often says he likes Lopez more than him.

? Maybe you mean Kopech, but I'm pretty sure Cooper has said he's less familiar with Lopez than the other big name prospects they've acquired. And I know he said he wasn't sure if Lopez was a starter or a reliever yet.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 11, 2017 -> 11:39 AM)
? Maybe you mean Kopech, but I'm pretty sure Cooper has said he's less familiar with Lopez than the other big name prospects they've acquired. And I know he said he wasn't sure if Lopez was a starter or a reliever yet.

No, JJ Cooper.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Feb 11, 2017 -> 11:32 AM)
Harold Reynolds, commenting on Moncada at #2, said he felt he should go north w Sox and learn on the job rather than at AAA. He felt playing in Boston last year should benefit him despite the poor showing because of exposure to guys like Ortiz and Pedroia.

Reynolds is a moron

I do not care if Moncada homers in EVERY single at bat in spring training, the Sox must wait until late May to call him up so they do not start his service clock and gain and extra season of team control

The Sox are not contenders this season, why burn a year of control for any of our top prospects?