Predict Thy Numbers: Michael Kopech

I'm so excited for this guy.

My predictions - 8-4, 2.61 ERA, 178 K's, 1.18 WHIP, 13.7 K/9, in 18 starts (3 with Winston Salem, 11 with Birmingham, 4 with Charlotte)

Innings will probably be monitored for him, so he might not go very deep into his starts, but I expect him to post ridiculous K numbers in 2017.

Edited by ChiSoxFanMike

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 10:14 AM)
I'm so excited for this guy.

My predictions - 8-4, 2.61 ERA, 178 K's, 1.18 WHIP, 13.7 K/9, in 18 starts (3 with Winston Salem, 11 with Birmingham, 4 with Charlotte)

Innings will probably be monitored for him, so he might not go very deep into his starts, but I expect him to post ridiculous K numbers in 2017.

That would be an absolutely phenomenal 2017 season for Kopech if he ends the season in Charlotte

Realistically I think he starts the season in high A Charlotte, eventually earning the promotion to AA at some point

A 13.7 K/9 is nuts, but I'd really like to see him improve his walk rate this season, all while building up his innings total

Getting the BB/9 below 4.0 per nine would be a step forward, as would pitching more than 100 innings and staying healthy

Kopech only pitched 56 innings last year, after 65 IP the year before, so I think they won't beat on him too hard. I think they push him into the 100/120 range this season, and really be careful with him. I think they will also look at the BB/9 numbers and dial him back a bit at

I will go with 20 GS, 120 IP, 47 BB, 130K. I wills say somewhere between 8 and 10 starts at High A, before finishing the last of the season at Birmingham.