> 2017 Catch All thread
raBBit
post Yesterday, 11:01 PM
Post #91

Hall of Famer

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 9,043

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 03:21 PM) *
I actually enjoyed this rambling. Whats messed up though is that Granat wasnt really capable of anything personally considering the fact he had to get his friends to do the killing. What a p****, I hope he rots in jail forever.

Yeah it's interesting that everyone keeps calling him a cold killer and mentally distorted but wouldn't he just handle this himself if it were that way? This kid always had money thoug and I guess it's probably easier to just throw money at the issue than actually deal with it.

Shipps you may have heard about this being local but later that same school year my friend's dad killed his wife and then killed himself. We were two weeks from Prom weekend. The girl who set everything up had me collect the money from my group of six friends. I told my buddy I'd be by at 4:30 to pick up the money and he said cool. I show up to his house and there had to be ten Cook County sheriffs there. My buddy got home from school, immediately realized something was wrong and went upstairs. Checked his parents' room and there was no one there. Checked the rest of the house and nothing. Went back to his parents' room and tried to check the bathroom but he couldn't open the door because the dead bodies were propped up against it. My guy walked into his parents' dead bodies as an 18-year-old boy. He supported his dad 100%, never really mourned and just went on with his life.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.com/illi...e?client=safari
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shipps
post Today, 08:33 AM
Post #92

Paper Champ

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,167

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 11:01 PM) *
Yeah it's interesting that everyone keeps calling him a cold killer and mentally distorted but wouldn't he just handle this himself if it were that way? This kid always had money thoug and I guess it's probably easier to just throw money at the issue than actually deal with it.

Shipps you may have heard about this being local but later that same school year my friend's dad killed his wife and then killed himself. We were two weeks from Prom weekend. The girl who set everything up had me collect the money from my group of six friends. I told my buddy I'd be by at 4:30 to pick up the money and he said cool. I show up to his house and there had to be ten Cook County sheriffs there. My buddy got home from school, immediately realized something was wrong and went upstairs. Checked his parents' room and there was no one there. Checked the rest of the house and nothing. Went back to his parents' room and tried to check the bathroom but he couldn't open the door because the dead bodies were propped up against it. My guy walked into his parents' dead bodies as an 18-year-old boy. He supported his dad 100%, never really mourned and just went on with his life.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.com/illi...e?client=safari

Wow this one I dont remember but we hadnt moved out to the burbs until 2013 so if I heard about it I wouldnt have paid as much attention. Why do you think your friend sided with his dad? That is crazy.

+Quote Post
soxfan2014
post Today, 09:20 AM
Post #93

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,338

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 12:57 PM) *
http://patch.com/illinois/palos/john-grana...parents-verdict

I don't know how much publicity this story has been getting across Chicagoland or perhaps even nationally but this has been surreal to me. For those unfamiliar, back in September of 2011, a kid from Palos Park, my hometown, plotted with his friends to kill his parents. Granat paid his three friends (1 driver, 2 killers) about 36,000 in cash to take part in the murder. Once the parents went to sleep the two killers went in their bedroom and whacked them with bats and stabbed them until they died. They disposed of all the evidence at the kid Wyma's house. Granat left Wyma's house and 4AM and was pulled over with a broken taillight on the way home and he had bleach in his car. He called in the murder at 7AM and the cop that pulled him over responded to the murder call. John was arrested that day. The other three kids walked free for another 4 weeks and were arrested four Sundays later. I was sitting in class the Friday before the other three kids got arrested and Wyma ditched his class came in my class to talk to his friend. He was saying "John could never do that. He loves his parents so much. His lawyer says he'll be out soon." Two days later the kid gets charged with a double murder. There's plenty of gruesome articles on the patch where the kid Ehab gave his full account of what happened for a lenient 40 year sentence.

It's just crazy how things happened.

I went to school with Granat from 6th grade until senior year when he got locked up. He was a total weirdo. He would just kind of sit in the back of class, never said much and kind of awkwardly laughed at stuff. He was translucent pale and probably 140 pounds as a 17 year old. I would guess he was on the spectrum. I was friendly with him but he was kind of a wallflower so I wouldn't really deal with him. In 8th grade, he started acting out a bit and I had some random encounters with him. Nothing crazy but he started hanging out with the tough crowd and was always doing weird stuff with money. His parents owned a construction company and always had cash hanging around the house. He took some girl shopping at the mall and spent over a G on her. We were like 15. She then ignored him and never gave him any attention. He would buy his friends lunch almost everyday. He was always good for five bucks if you were in a pinch.

Anyways, 8th grade was probably the height of my troublemaking times primarily because one of my best friends from baseball named Dan (now a homeless drug addict tragically) was a huge troublemaker and his single mom was helicopter nurse working 24 hour shifts so we did whatever we wanted. It was at this time I'd see Granat out every once in a while. If there was a big fight or someone had alcohol, stuff like that. I never had rides anywhere and he only lived a couple miles away so I'd go over there Dan's all the time and Granat would be around there. We had Presidents Day off so I just rode over to my buddy Dan's. Dan invited this gangbanger Hamza (now dead ironically) over. Hamza was like, "Hey I have John Granat coming by I am going to sell him two bottles of Captain Morgan. We just have to hang out with him for a half hour and then I am going to take liquor back" So Granat comes over and sits with us for a bit awkwardly while we watched Goodfellas. They exchange booze and alcohol and John says he's going to leave. Right when he does, Hamza goes, "Give me that liquor back or I'll beat the f*** out of you." Granat just stares at him. Hamza cracks him in the face. Granat keeps staring. Hamza hits him again. Granat keeps staring. Hamza takes the booze forcefully and tells him to leave. Granat, now bleeding, tells Hamza "You'll regret this. You don't know what I am capable of." Hamza just started laughing at him and pushed him to door taunting him. I felt bad for Granat but I wasn't about to piss off perhaps the toughest kid in my then mostly-prissy school. I remember thinking it was pretty crazy that such a weak kid was just eating shots and wasn't crying, wasn't fighting back, wasn't running or anything. I never really thought of anything until the murders happened.

I am just rambling but the whole ordeal and memory put things in perspectives for me. That day will be 10 years ago next month. Of the four kids who I was with that day, one will be sentenced to 100+ years in jail, one was shot to death in a drug deal a few years ago, one has been off the map for years as a heroin addict and then there's me just wasting my valuable work time on a Sox forum.

I do remember this happening! I'm 25 so I was 20 in college at that time. I just remembered being disgusted with the story.

+Quote Post
RockRaines
post Today, 11:45 AM
Post #94

One toke over the line

Member No.: 2,022

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 03:21 PM) *
I actually enjoyed this rambling. Whats messed up though is that Granat wasnt really capable of anything personally considering the fact he had to get his friends to do the killing. What a p****, I hope he rots in jail forever.

Wow, says a lot that only one kid really made it out alive of that group.

+Quote Post
Iwritecode
post Today, 11:55 AM
Post #95

Starter

Member No.: 77

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 11:45 AM) *
Wow, says a lot that only one kid really made it out alive of that group.

So the moral of the story is, don't be friends with Rabbit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2017 - 02:05 PM