9/8 vs Oakland A's

flavum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)

I'll be there tonight and will be giving Dunn the reception most opponents get - nothing. Maybe a couple claps. His performance doesn't merit cheering, and his off-field demeanor doesn't merit booing. Unfortunately I'm sure a lot of people will disagree.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
I'll be there tonight and will be giving Dunn the reception most opponents get - nothing. Maybe a couple claps. His performance doesn't merit cheering, and his off-field demeanor doesn't merit booing. Unfortunately I'm sure a lot of people will disagree.

I'm in your camp. No response (if I was there).

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 05:47 PM)
Adam Dunn on the boos he got from White Sox fans: "I have a fantasy (football) team and I wasn't happy with those guys either."

Wow, that's kind of horrible. At first I thought it was funny. But then I thought, that really trivializes all fans interest and desire to win for their team. I mean, we shouldnt care at all that he sucks, because we aren't on the team. So fandom of a team is equated with fantasy teams? Ugh. I'm not even a hater and I don't like this comment at all.

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 05:56 PM)
Wow, that's kind of horrible. At first I thought it was funny. But then I thought, that really trivializes all fans interest and desire to win for their team. I mean, we shouldnt care at all that he sucks, because we aren't on the team. So fandom of a team is equated with fantasy teams? Ugh. I'm not even a hater and I don't like this comment at all.

I laughed. He was treated like absolute s*** by fans, even though after 2011 he was productive. Also, I read it more as "I understand getting mad at guys you want to produce."

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)

For real?

C'mon man, lighten up.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 07:01 PM)
I laughed. He was treated like absolute s*** by fans, even though after 2011 he was productive. Also, I read it more as "I understand getting mad at guys you want to produce."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 07:11 PM)
Exactly.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 07:16 PM)
For real?

C'mon man, lighten up.

I dunno maybe I am off base. I could give a flying f*** about my fantasy team compared to 'my team'. That's why I was a bit insulted.

A's and Brewers really sinking fast...Royals, Tigers, A's and Mariners fighting for those last three spots.

Amazingly, the M's might have the best pitching of all the teams (if they make it), and the worst offense. Although I'd have to say the Royals are a close second in terms of abysmal offense (only Gordon, Perez and Cain are threats right now)...so you can say KC is incredibly boring or balanced in averageness.

Scherzer and Vargas tmrw, so that sets up a huge battle for first place between Shields and Porcello WED, as I would expect Max to shut them down...if you add in that 1/2 game swing for the Indians/Royals bottom of the 9th, KC could easily be out of first place if their offense continues to struggle and they overuse Holland/Escobar/W.Davis.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 07:11 PM)
When we made the move, I absolutely hated it and was likely vocal about it here, but I've got to hand it to him, Noesi has been much better than I thought he'd be.

Absolutely no risk move...so that's hard to hate, but the odds weren't in favor of the Sox. That said, he's really been a 4 starter and a borderline 3 for most of the 2nd half of the season. Has progressed quite nicely.

Of course, the same thing happened with Phil Humber and then he fell off a cliff after throwing that no hitter against the Mariners.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
No risk move...so that's hard to hate, but the odds weren't in favor of the Sox. That said, he's really been a 4 starter and a borderline 3 for most of the 2nd half of the season. Has progressed quite nicely.

Of course, the same thing happened with Phil Humber and then he fell off a cliff after throwing that no hitter against the Mariners.

PERFECT GAME.

most ridiculous one in baseball history. need to give it what its due.

And yet another reason we can't go into 2015 with Avisail and Gillaspie as our best "power" hitters after Abreu. You might even argue Semien would be 2nd on the team in homers if you went into next season with the same starting line-up as down the stretch (which of course is unlikely, but not impossible).

It's suicide at USCF.