Jacob Turner acquired by Cubs

GGajewski18

Dear god yes. His fastball velocity has decreased, and I've always found him overrated as a prospect, but he's still just 23 years old. Solid secondary pitches, right handed, etc. With that said, no chance he gets past the Cubs. I think Theo has to be chopping at the bit here. Perfect buy low type.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)
I think he means in the 10-day window in which he is designated for assignment, reaching a deal with the Marlins to acquire him instead of risking that he make it to the Sox via waivers.

I know, you still can't do that. You can't make trades after July 31st without a player passing through waivers.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
I think he means in the 10-day window in which he is designated for assignment, reaching a deal with the Marlins to acquire him instead of risking that he make it to the Sox via waivers.

Thats what I meant, didn't think about the waivers part and this being post 7/31.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
If I had to bet, I bet it means John Danks hits waivers tomorrow, that way any deal can happen in between his starts.

I'd imagine, knowing how the Marlins do biznuts... the Sox would need to chomp like, OMG almost all of Danks inbound skrilla.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 12:52 PM)
Having not heard anything about it, I am guessing it hasn't happened yet, but who knows for sure.

Players placed on waivers are always usually kept quiet. For all we know half the Sox roster has cleared waivers by now.