9/3 Games

flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 09:08 PM)
Kanny has some strange offensive slumps. Rutherford just doesn't do anything offensively. He needs major work this offseason or he's going to quickly fall off the radar

Agreed, least exciting headlining acquisition of Hahn's for me

Still think CWS should have got more in that deal

Clarkin I still think will be an MLB starter (if healthy) and Polo a solid 4th OFer

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 10:25 PM)

Clarkin I still think will be an MLB starter (if healthy) and Polo a solid 4th OFer

Yes it is confusing so far but I have to trust the Sox see something there. I mean the Sox obviously have access to the same numbers that us internet GMs have. There must be a reason they sought him other than good draft pedigree.

And mercy, it looks like they hit on every pitcher they traded for.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Sep 4, 2017 -> 01:37 AM)
Yes it is confusing so far but I have to trust the Sox see something there. I mean the Sox obviously have access to the same numbers that us internet GMs have. There must be a reason they sought him other than good draft pedigree.

And mercy, it looks like they hit on every pitcher they traded for.

The guy is a '16 first rounder and a top 30 prospect in baseball (at the time of the trade) so that likely sold them. Also KW was big on him prior to the draft. His numbers are just very disappointing.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 10:25 PM)

I think Clarkin was a fantastic get. Before his injury, he was a damn good prospect and the Yanks were very high on him. Clarkin still has a good pitching repertoire so if the Sox can get his health back on track, he's one to keep an eye on for sure.

I second your nomination of Polo as the fourth outfielder. Have read some good stuff about Polo and Yanks fans liked him alot. Plus, I admit, I just love the name Tito Polo. Tito Polo!!!

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 4, 2017 -> 10:59 AM)
I think Clarkin was a fantastic get. Before his injury, he was a damn good prospect and the Yanks were very high on him. Clarkin still has a good pitching repertoire so if the Sox can get his health back on track, he's one to keep an eye on for sure.

I second your nomination of Polo as the fourth outfielder. Have read some good stuff about Polo and Yanks fans liked him alot. Plus, I admit, I just love the name Tito Polo. Tito Polo!!!

Still think D-Rob alone was worth a Top 100 prospect, Frazier netting 2 top 12-15 org. prospects, and Kahnle nets a small package as well...Combine that and the return is better than Rutherford...Yanks had much more talented prospects to offer as well

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Sep 4, 2017 -> 02:03 PM)
Still think D-Rob alone was worth a Top 100 prospect, Frazier netting 2 top 12-15 org. prospects, and Kahnle nets a small package as well...Combine that and the return is better than Rutherford...Yanks had much more talented prospects to offer as well

I'm sure if there was a better deal or if Hahn could have gotten more he would have. Personally, I wouldn't have been willing to give up as much as the Sox received. I just don't see the additional value in Robertson/Frazier/Kahnle that others do.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 5, 2017 -> 05:13 AM)
I'm sure if there was a better deal or if Hahn could have gotten more he would have. Personally, I wouldn't have been willing to give up as much as the Sox received. I just don't see the additional value in Robertson/Frazier/Kahnle that others do.

Peeling the layers apart, players that fell into Frazier category had zero value. Even a guy like JD Martinez who is twice the hitter that Frazier has been brought back garbage from a bad minor league system.

Kahnle was the big value in that deal. The White Sox didn't want to package players, but this is what brought them their main target.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Sep 4, 2017 -> 02:03 PM)

If those had all been true, then that's what would have happened. It's quite apparent Hahn was out for best value available throughout the entire process and he got the package he did.

Besides, a top 100 prospect could be the 95th best prospect in the game. I would say that the value of the 90th and 95th prospect is probably similar to that of a top 40 prospect, which is why Rutherford is at the moment.