2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 01:15 PM)
I [heart] my new snowblower.

For the three years I've been in the burbs I keep saying that I'm going to get one. And then the snow melts and I forget how much I hate shoveling and I put if off for a year. One of these days...

Got home tonight and my wife and I were surprised to find our driveway cleared off. No idea who did it, but thanks rogue Snowblower Ferry!

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 06:36 PM)
For the three years I've been in the burbs I keep saying that I'm going to get one. And then the snow melts and I forget how much I hate shoveling and I put if off for a year. One of these days...

Got home tonight and my wife and I were surprised to find our driveway cleared off. No idea who did it, but thanks rogue Snowblower Ferry!

Weird that a boat would snowblow for you.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 06:36 PM)

I kind of got lucky. A guy I work with moved out of the snow belt and sold me a really nice one for dirt cheap. I told him I would pay double what he was asking and it still would be a bargain.

Once you get one, you'll never go back. It cut my hour snow shoveling for six inches of snow, down to 10-15 minutes. If we got a foot more more, it was more like an hour and a half to two hours.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
Add that to being able to telecommute... #middleclasslife

I didn't realize that. Nice.

I just moved offices for the 3rd time in the last 3 months. I'm putting the fire engine red Swingline stapler on the corner of my desk tomorrow to see how long it takes someone to bust out laughing.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)
I didn't realize that. Nice.

I just moved offices for the 3rd time in the last 3 months. I'm putting the fire engine red Swingline stapler on the corner of my desk tomorrow to see how long it takes someone to bust out laughing.

I already have my red swingline on my desk. Sounds like we should be hearing about bonuses here any time. Could be sweet.

Its snow, not plutonium. Quit whining and go to work.

Edit- to expand, my first day back since my trailer basically fell apart on me in Boise some idiot in WY with PA plates nearly spun out into my bumper on black ice. He tried hitting the brakes over the ice (oops). The ditch caught him pretty well, he was all right. Car a bit f***ed up but it ran so I gave him a bottle of water and took off. So yea, snow and ice. Bad for your 4 wheeler on all seasons with like 800 lbs of traction on each wheel.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 3, 2014 -> 01:29 AM)
Its snow, not plutonium. Quit whining and go to work.

Edit- to expand, my first day back since my trailer basically fell apart on me in Boise some idiot in WY with PA plates nearly spun out into my bumper on black ice. He tried hitting the brakes over the ice (oops). The ditch caught him pretty well, he was all right. Car a bit f***ed up but it ran so I gave him a bottle of water and took off. So yea, snow and ice. Bad for your 4 wheeler on all seasons with like 800 lbs of traction on each wheel.

Yep, that's exactly why snow sucks so much. That's why people are whining. Bad winter drivers make it worse. It's not something to be messed with.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 3, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
Yep, that's exactly why snow sucks so much. That's why people are whining. Bad winter drivers make it worse. It's not something to be messed with.

On the bright side, I never seen trucks in ditches or jackknifed and blocking interstates...

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 3, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)

If WRX's didn't get such crappy MPG my next car would be AWD.

I came home yesterday to the pleasant surprise that my wife had shoveled our whole driveway.

I don't know how snow removal has been in the Chicago metropolitan area, but it's been awful here. We've gotten somewhere around 1-2 feet of snow and our street was plowed once. The main streets have been plowed 2-3 times at most. Most streets are nothing but ice and compacted snow, and intersections are incredibly dangerous. Traction is barely possible in some spots.

Of course, the sub-zero temps have made it far worse. Forecast high of -17 for Sunday right now.