• DOB: 9/11/1996
  • Height: 6'3
  • Weight: 200lbs
  • Postion: OF
  • Bats: Rights
  • Throws: Right
  • Signed: July 2nd, 2013

Scouting Report:

When he signed for $1.6 million, Adolfo generated a lot of buzz. First because he was one of the top international prospects and any team would be happy to have him. Second, but maybe more importantly, it signaled that the White Sox were not going to be afraid to sign young international players to big money bonuses. He was ranked as the No. 2 prospect during the July 2 opening of the international signing period for players at least 16 years old by MLB.com. Baseball America ranked him No. 9. Adolfo was born in the U.S. Virgin Islands and, as a result, speaks fluent English so his transition to playing ball and living in the U.S. shouldn't be as steep as it is with most foreign players. He moved to the Dominican Republic at age 14, making him eligible for the international signing period. He is a good athlete with the ability to play a solid right field with a good arm, but his best tool is his power. He has big time power potential, but the question is whether he can make enough contact to make it matter. Adolfo made his professional debut with the new Arizona White Sox in 2014.

- Future Sox

Edited by Joshua Strong

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Rob Young‏ @RobertHYoung 44m44 minutes ago Something has clicked for Adolfo. Spoke to him before the game and he knows it. Got some quiet swagger and playing with a lot of confidence

He fought off some tough pitches and with 2 strikes shot a 1B thru the infield oppo way. Scout next to me said "couldn't do that last year"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2017 -> 12:27 PM)
Rob Young‏ @RobertHYoung 44m44 minutes ago Something has clicked for Adolfo. Spoke to him before the game and he knows it. Got some quiet swagger and playing with a lot of confidence

He fought off some tough pitches and with 2 strikes shot a 1B thru the infield oppo way. Scout next to me said "couldn't do that last year"

Hope he stays healthy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kannapolis was actually on MiLB.tv the other day and I got to watch him bat a few times.

His swing looks light years better, and he's picked up serious bat speed. Such better balance and set up. Approach looked better too even though he K'd twice. Saw him lay off a few tough breaking balls and work the count well.

He's been my favorite prospect to track this year. You can really see the physical gifts start to show through, and he's going to be a tremendous power threat if he can harness it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 01:44 PM)
Listening through the Chuck Garfien White Sox podcast, Aaron Rowand compared Micker Adolfo's arm to Vlad Guerrero/Jesse Barfield, called it among the best RF arms he has ever seen.

Really? Well that's news. I'm not that high on Adolfo but if he's a plus in the OF that raises his ceiling quite a bit. If he's +5 runs in RF than he just has to hit something like 260/320/450 to be a solid starter. I'm just happy he had a good year and is apparently friendly with Eloy. Anything he gives the Sox at the MLB level at this point is a bonus IMO. There's so much other talent in the system we don't need to be putting all our hopes and dreams on a few guys anymore.

Also, thanks a lot for your AAP updates.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 01:18 PM)
Really? Well that's news. I'm not that high on Adolfo but if he's a plus in the OF that raises his ceiling quite a bit. If he's +5 runs in RF than he just has to hit something like 260/320/450 to be a solid starter. I'm just happy he had a good year and is apparently friendly with Eloy. Anything he gives the Sox at the MLB level at this point is a bonus IMO. There's so much other talent in the system we don't need to be putting all our hopes and dreams on a few guys anymore.

Also, thanks a lot for your AAP updates.

First, no problem.

Second, Rowand just spent a week down there working with a bunch of the OFs. He spent about half an hour on the Garfien podcast, and talked about a decent amount of them. Rowand really loved his arm.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox...n-micker-adolfo

But the team's director of player development, former White Sox infielder Chris Getz, had some interesting comments about one of the less-heralded guys in the farm system, a guy who could definitely factor into the team's outfield of the future.

"That was the first time I’d ever seen Micker Adolfo," Getz said during a Sunday afternoon SoxFest panel at the Hilton Chicago. "I don’t know the Micker Adolfo prior to 2017. Ultra talented, lots of tools.

"When I saw this kid for the first time, I thought, ‘This is one of the most physically gifted players I’ve ever seen.’"

Hello.

White Sox fans have been getting real excited over the likes of Kopech, Jimenez, Hansen and Luis Robert. And it's not to say that Adolfo has been completely off folks' radar screen. But "one of the most physically gifted players I’ve ever seen" is a heck of a rave review from Getz.

More at link

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...