Robertson deal close?

Heads22

Bob Nightengale@BNightengale 3:16 PM

The #Whitesox already have nine of top 100 prospects in baseball, and will have at least 10 once they deal closer David Robertson

That seems like something may be happening soon....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
Not only that, but he actually points out the quality of the return.

That's a wild f***ing tweet.

Seriously. Optimistically you'd want to hope this come from knowledge that there are some already on the table. But maybe even it's coming out of Nats saying they would have had to give one up for DRob? Weird timing and content. I don't feel like you see a prediction that explicit (top 100)

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 03:34 PM)
Seriously. Optimistically you'd want to hope this come from knowledge that there are some already on the table. But maybe even it's coming out of Nats saying they would have had to give one up for DRob? Weird timing and content. I don't feel like you see a prediction that explicit (top 100)

Likely speculating on the price. I'd be thrilled to land a top 100 prospect for him

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 03:42 PM)
Likely speculating on the price. I'd be thrilled to land a top 100 prospect for him

I just think it's weird to go out a limb like that.

Tweet I would expect:

White Sox looking for a top prospect or two in return for David Robertson. And they think they can get it.

Tweet we received:

Sox will get at least one top 100 prospect for Robertson.

This just after good but not top 100 guys were traded for 2 good bullpen guys.

Just weird.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 03:51 PM)
I just think it's weird to go out a limb like that.

Tweet I would expect:

White Sox looking for a top prospect or two in return for David Robertson. And they think they can get it.

Tweet we received:

Sox will get at least one top 100 prospect for Robertson.

This just after good but not top 100 guys were traded for 2 good bullpen guys.

Just weird.

The price tag for hand is very high, making Robertson an attractive piece, especially if the sox kick in any cash.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 03:55 PM)
The price tag for hand is very high, making Robertson an attractive piece, especially if the sox kick in any cash.

Good point. I think you are right.

QUOTE (ecupittfan @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 04:33 PM)
And like clockwork the Cards blow the game in the 9th. They need Robertson and Swarzak badly.

I wonder if they even think enough of their chances to go after our pieces.

Yankees with interest in bringing D Rob back...Wonder what kind of return we'd be looking at? Something like Mateo or Andujuar + a pitching prospect like Abreu or Tate. Or is that not enough? I just can't see us getting Torres/Frazier/Rutherford for Robinson. But maybe an outside shot at Rutherford.

Something like Mateo, Abreu, + another prospect in their 20-30 range would be more than enough for me.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 07:53 PM)
Yankees with interest in bringing D Rob back...Wonder what kind of return we'd be looking at? Something like Mateo or Andujuar + a pitching prospect like Abreu or Tate. Or is that not enough? I just can't see us getting Torres/Frazier/Rutherford for Robinson. But maybe an outside shot at Rutherford.

Something like Mateo, Abreu, + another prospect in their 20-30 range would be more than enough for me.

Did you not see what the Nats had to give up for TWO solid backend pieces? We arent going to get that good of a return. Robertson is not Chapman or Miller tier.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 07:55 PM)
Did you not see what the Nats had to give up for TWO solid backend pieces? We arent going to get that good of a return. Robertson is not Chapman or Miller tier.

Our GM, however, is 10x better than what they have over in Oakland. Nightengale's tweet, also, was reassuring.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 07:53 PM)

I think if Robertson goes to the yankees we're looking at a return like this

Sheffield/Florial/Mateo/Andujuar + Nick Solak. I wouldn't be against buying into Mateo's resurgence at AA and Hostetler and company love Louisville and the type of player Solak. With the opening Mendick's promotion has created Solak makes a ton of sense.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 07:59 PM)
Sheffield/Florial/Mateo/Andujuar + Nick Solak. I wouldn't be against buying into Mateo's resurgence at AA and Hostetler and company love Louisville and the type of player Solak. With the opening Mendick's promotion has created Solak makes a ton of sense.

I mentioned Solak before even during Quintana rumors. A personal favorite prospect of mine.

Ehhh I think Florial or Mateo is probably the best we can do from the Yankees. Maybe a Frazier + Robertson package to the Red Sox would get Chavis + a lower prospect.

The Doolittle/Madson trade is a real headscratcher and it makes me question whether there's much of a bullpen market right now.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 08:02 PM)
The Doolittle/Madson trade is a real headscratcher and it makes me question whether there's much of a bullpen market right now.

There is a huge market, as there often is around deadline time. Oakland just dropped the ball.