Melky thread

Jake

The "Todd and Melky" thread got locked and consolidated in the Frazier trade mega-thread.

I haven't heard any rumors, but they will come. With that said, given how little the Tigers got for JD Martinez, it looks like it will be hard for the Sox to move Melky.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:36 PM)
I think he winds up back with the royals along with cash for SS Nicky Lopez* or OF/1B Samir Duenez*. BA just ranked both of them at 10 & 9 in their midseason update but the royals system is in shambles.

Cmon, Beautox, why would Royals give up Lopez?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 07:13 PM)
Cmon, Beautox, why would Royals give up Lopez?

Because he is a 40FV SS in a horrible system, ranked 20th by fangraphs at the beginning of the season and a comparable player value wise to Mendick in our system? and the royals need help in LF/DH for their last Hurrah before their window shuts? I imagine the Sox would be picking up the remainder of his salary as well.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 09:23 AM)
If I am a contending team I'd want someone like Melky for sure. He's a pro, is consistent, has a good arm, and can be had for cheap. Sadly it won't be good for us.

Melky has been raking lately as well. He might have a few teams interested, especially if an injury happens in the next week.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 09:31 AM)
It just feels like every contending teams outfield is awesome though.

Melky could be a really good bat off the bench? You could do much worse than him for a three month rental

If we could find someone to take Beckham and Navarro off our hands in recent years then we can find a team who will want Melky. But I don't expect anything better than someone with a pulse. Hopefully that guy is the next Yency Almonte.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 10:33 PM)
Good, he's definitely not making it as a 3B, barring major improvements.

I saw him at 3rd earlier this year and he is not a major league 3b. He has a bat but no glove for the big leagues. Smart move getting him to learn the OF as his bat can play in MLB.