Adam Eaton

I know we're only 6 games in, but man, Eaton has looked horrible so far both defensively (except for that 1 amazing catch in KC) and offensively (.080 BA 2/25, 0 SB, 1 CS, 0 BB, 2 K).

Is it time to start worrying about him, or is it just an early season funk that he's in? He is supposed to be to the table setter for this lineup, and he hasn't been doing his job at all.

Edited by Mike F.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
I know we're only 6 games in, but man, Eaton has looked horrible so far both defensively (except for that 1 amazing catch in KC) and offensively (.080 BA 2/25, 0 SB, 1 CS, 0 BB, 2 K).

Is it time to start worrying about him, or is it just an early season funk that he's in? He is supposed to be to the table setter for this lineup, and he hasn't been doing his job at all.

nah.... it is much too early. now if this was 25 games in, that may be a different story.

edit ~~~~ a while ago, players entering their second yr, it was always been said, they would have a second yr slump, does anyone remember this ??

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 05:07 PM)

This was enough. It is 6 games in.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 05:08 PM)
He is fine. He is a guy who may press a little bit and try to do too much.

I definitely notice that in him as well. Another factor might be that he feels like he has to do something more than what he did last year to deserve the contract extension he got in the offseason.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
Nobody plays harder than this dude so what could there possibly be to worry about? Are you worried about something specific OP?

No, not particularly. He just doesn't seem like himself lately and his approach at the plate is way off. It seems as if he is trying to hit everything in the air, when he should be slapping the ball around like he did last year.

It isn't a question of his effort, because I know he gives everything he's got each and every day, but I just don't understand why the results aren't showing for him.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 06:09 PM)
No, not particularly. He just doesn't seem like himself lately and his approach at the plate is way off. It seems as if he is trying to hit everything in the air, when he should be slapping the ball around like he did last year.

It isn't a question of his effort, because I know he gives everything he's got each and every day, but I just don't understand why the results aren't showing for him.

Yea I think all the pressure is off everybody now. So he had a s***ty 20 ABs. Like you said, let's watch his approach this week and see if he has some more productive ABs. After all he's an OBP horse and our Spanky. Can't knee-jerk the good or the bad.

Hahn should be fired for this contract extension, didn't have enough evidence (see ill-advised contract offers in HOU to Robbie Grossman, Dominguez and Singleton).

Luckily, the first two guys turned them down, or they would be stuck with three bad deals with young/non-contributing players.

The best one in baseball, though, is Salvador Perez. Top 3-5 catcher in all of baseball in the prime of his career for only $7 million over 5 years. Some feel it's so unfair that they're considering ripping it up and giving him a better one, even though they (the Royals) obviously don't have to do so.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 06:53 AM)
6 bad games indicates he is pretty much screwed this year. Hopefully at some point in the last 156 he can figure something out which can give him some hope for next season.

love the tongue in cheek humor. :notworthy

nice one. DA

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 01:08 AM)
He's been awful defensively? Really? I haven't seen every inning this year due to work, but from what I've seen, he has been just fine defensively minus that one miscue last game.

Yeah, the obvious one was getting the wrong read, taking a step back and the ball dropping in front of him in a key situation.

I think he's made a few bad throws, but that has never been his strong point.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 07:57 AM)
Hahn should be fired for this contract extension, didn't have enough evidence (see ill-advised contract offers in HOU to Robbie Grossman, Dominguez and Singleton).

Luckily, the first two guys turned them down, or they would be stuck with three bad deals with young/non-contributing players.

The best one in baseball, though, is Salvador Perez. Top 3-5 catcher in all of baseball in the prime of his career for only $7 million over 5 years. Some feel it's so unfair that they're considering ripping it up and giving him a better one, even though they (the Royals) obviously don't have to do so.

if you are suggesting that Hahn should be fired for Eaton's contract, my response would be, it is only a couple of days of baseball. lets not overthink this. i respect you and of course you have an opinion, but when things are not going right, the littlest things get magnified.

i just hope he comes out of the slump and soon. either way, at what point should the sox start playing, Bonifacio?

~~~ edit - i just realize, i am the voice of reason. can you believe that shvvt . me :o

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 01:57 AM)

:lol: