To start Noesi or skip Noesi

Dam8610

So Quintana starts today against Cleveland and Danks starts tomorrow, then there's an off day before Detroit. That means for Game 1 in Detroit, the Sox could preserve their rotation order and go with Noesi, or they could opt for Samardzija on full rest. The upside of giving Noesi the nod is getting everyone an extra day of rest and going into the KC series with Samardzija-Sale-Quintana-Danks. The downside is Noesi starts the first game against Detroit. The upside of skipping Noesi is you get Samardzija-Sale-Quintana in Detroit. The potential downside is that would put both Danks and Noesi in line to start against KC, but that's where things could get interesting. If the White Sox wanted to get really bold and aggressive, they could throw out Shark in game 1 in Detroit, then instead of Noesi starting the fourth game against KC, they could call up Rodon and throw Sale-Quintana-Danks-Rodon at them. I know it's an unlikely scenario, but it would be a really interesting way to work the matchups against the two best opponents in the division and break Rodon into the majors early on if the FO feels he's ready. I think the White Sox will probably start Noesi in Detroit. What would you do?

I think you need to sit down and take a breath after that.

Personally, I would work it to get the rotation back to the way that we want it.

So I would go Q and Noesi as per the starters announced on the MLB website.

I would then go Danks, Sale and Shark against Detroit, which would then have you running Q, Noesi and Danks against KC.

Which is how you want to run the rotation. I would leave Rodon in AAA ready to come up if there is an injury.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 08:12 AM)
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/proba...ex.jsp?c_id=cws

Noesi is starting tomorrow.

I'd have Danks start on Friday afternoon, and start the regular rotation on Saturday.

Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Noesi, Danks

It gives Sale an extra day and the rotation is in the order they wanted in the first place.

That makes sense, and puts them in great position for the KC series, though it means Danks starting in Detroit. I'd like the best pitching possible going against Detroit and KC. I wish there was a way the Sox could throw their top 3 at both.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
That makes sense, and puts them in great position for the KC series, though it means Danks starting in Detroit. I'd like the best pitching possible going against Detroit and KC. I wish there was a way the Sox could throw their top 3 at both.

imo there is going to be a break in the schedule where the sox will redo the starting lineup and get the pitchers in a line where they want it. i am also sure that they have that prob planned out.

so here is the question, both det and kc are important. but which is the most??

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 09:00 AM)
imo there is going to be a break in the schedule where the sox will redo the starting lineup and get the pitchers in a line where they want it. i am also sure that they have that prob planned out.

At this point, probably KC. But as someone said already, the Sox don't tend to mess around with their rotation around off days.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 09:00 AM)

It's April. Neither is more important, just win baseball games. With the two wildcard format, you might still make the playoffs in 3rd place. Cleveland might be your most important competitor, too early to tell.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 03:03 PM)
At this point, probably KC. But as someone said already, the Sox don't tend to mess around with their rotation around off days.

mess around, yes, but they do add a pitcher in the past to go from 4 to 5 at some point.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 08:06 AM)
So Quintana starts today against Cleveland and Danks starts tomorrow, then there's an off day before Detroit. That means for Game 1 in Detroit, the Sox could preserve their rotation order and go with Noesi, or they could opt for Samardzija on full rest. The upside of giving Noesi the nod is getting everyone an extra day of rest and going into the KC series with Samardzija-Sale-Quintana-Danks. The downside is Noesi starts the first game against Detroit. The upside of skipping Noesi is you get Samardzija-Sale-Quintana in Detroit. The potential downside is that would put both Danks and Noesi in line to start against KC, but that's where things could get interesting. If the White Sox wanted to get really bold and aggressive, they could throw out Shark in game 1 in Detroit, then instead of Noesi starting the fourth game against KC, they could call up Rodon and throw Sale-Quintana-Danks-Rodon at them. I know it's an unlikely scenario, but it would be a really interesting way to work the matchups against the two best opponents in the division and break Rodon into the majors early on if the FO feels he's ready. I think the White Sox will probably start Noesi in Detroit. What would you do?

You don't skip anyone early in the season to make sure they can last and be more effective at the end of the season, especially if you think the Sox have a shot at the playoffs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
Didn't someone say the deadline for getting an extra year for Rodon was on Friday? That makes Sunday a little more interesting.

That would be a shocker. He's scheduled to start Thursday, so it would be known pretty quick.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
Didn't someone say the deadline for getting an extra year for Rodon was on Friday? That makes Sunday a little more interesting.

Friday or right around there. That possibility is totally in play but I'm assuming we won't find out for a few days.

EDIT: flavum's right, forgot he had a Charlotte start coming up.

Edited by shysocks