4/18 - White Sox vs Tigers

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)
With no spring training basically, Sale is due to get rocked one of these days. Hopefully not today. The offense needs to start scoring runs.

25 runs in 9 games is very poor.

Chris Sale does not get rocked

Does anyone know which areas get which MLB Network games? I'm in Charlotte and MLB Network says "Regional Coverage: Philadelphia Phillies @ Washington Nationals OR Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers".

Hoping Charlotte gets the White Sox game.. I don't get to see many Sox games. If not I'm off to Carowinds. :)

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 10:05 AM)
Does anyone know which areas get which MLB Network games? I'm in Charlotte and MLB Network says "Regional Coverage: Philadelphia Phillies @ Washington Nationals OR Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers".

Hoping Charlotte gets the White Sox game.. I don't get to see many Sox games. If not I'm off to Carowinds. :)

I would bet the only people getting the Sox/Tigers game live in the Philly and DC areas.

Merkin going to a bench player for quotes...

Beckham: "I actually don’t sense any panic. I think we have a really good team."

More Beckham: "I don’t view the record early as a marker of where we are going to be."

Beckham: "This is as good as I could possibly feel at 3-6."

Beckham: "We’ve got a good team. We’ve got talent. It’s just a matter of time before that comes out."

This is the stuff Beckham needs to stay away from. Shut your mouth, and play when called upon.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 09:53 AM)
This is the stuff Beckham needs to stay away from. Shut your mouth, and play when called upon.

Well, Flav, we're all a bit weary of reading Beckham positivity spins over the years, whether he's describing the team's or his own performance. Anticipation of this was among the reasons many of us said "ugh" when he was re-acquired. That said, he's got a responsibility to the media like all players, so I'll give him a pass.

Perhaps the better reporters will smell the "raw meat" that Lexi provided yesterday, and see an opportunity to get some real insight into the clubhouse.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)
Can we not over-react to a player giving the canned answers he is expected to give? I am sure if the story got out that Beckham refused to answer Merkins questions, then it would become that the clubhouse is falling apart or something.

It's not an overreaction. It's the correct reaction. Beckham should shut up.