4/19 - Sox vs Tigers

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF we can win tomorrow, we're one game under, having lost only 1 series, to a team that came flying out of the gate, and having played 8 of 11 games on the road.

We can say to hell with any "cold hard facts" and consider the season rebooted. Make it so.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
IF we can win tomorrow, we're one game under, having lost only 1 series, to a team that came flying out of the gate, and having played 8 of 11 games on the road.

We can say to hell with any "cold hard facts" and consider the season rebooted. Make it so.

yup.

If Quintana's velocity isn't better than it was in his last start, we may have to start worrying about his health. His fastball was consistently 88 to 89, for

most of the game, after the 2ND inning. I didn't see the beginning, so I don't know how hard he was throwing early.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 09:16 AM)
If Quintana's velocity isn't better than it was in his last start, we may have to start worrying about his health. His fastball was consistently 88 to 89, for

most of the game, after the 2ND inning. I didn't see the beginning, so I don't know how hard he was throwing early.

I was seeing 91-93

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 09:13 AM)
I was seeing 91-93

I was watching the posted velocity, and I never saw a single fastball over 90, from around the 3RD inning, on. As I said, he was consistently 88 - 89.

That is Johnny Danks speed, and down from Jose's normal 93 - 94. Maybe that's why he was working so slowly. He and the catcher were trying

to figure out what to do, given the lack of velocity.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)
I was seeing 91-93

QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)
I was watching the posted velocity, and I never saw a single fastball over 90, from around the 3RD inning, on. As I said, he was consistently 88 - 89.

That is Johnny Danks speed, and down from Jose's normal 93 - 94. Maybe that's why he was working so slowly. He and the catcher were trying

Seems to be in line with early season patterns from the last couple of years.

Edited by 3GamesToLove

QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)

Pitchfx shows him consistently over 90 all game.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/pfx.ph...&league=mlb

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
yup.

Greene has been MUCH better than predicted out of the gate...he's barely given up anything in 16 IP.

Of course, historical patterns would dictate that he's simply not THAT good, OR Cashman's an idiot once again for trading a pitcher (see Contreras, Jose or letting Jose Quintana go to the Sox) under a favorable contract for a marginal or negative return.