Next 5 prospects to break in to top 30

zisk

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2018 -> 12:33 PM)
Lenyn Sosa

I think Baseball America mentioned he'll be in our top 30.

Other LatAm guys I think have a chance to make the jump next year are Anthony Coronado, Ramon Beltre, Felix Mercedes, Franklin Reyes, & Carlos Perez.

I actually think Dedelow is a pretty intriguing prospect and will start cracking top 30 lists next year. Kade McClure & Lincoln Henzman have great shots. Corey Zangari is another guy that we've all probably forgot about that actually has some serious upside.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 17, 2018 -> 12:50 PM)
I think Baseball America mentioned he'll be in our top 30.

Other LatAm guys I think have a chance to make the jump next year are Anthony Coronado, Ramon Beltre, Felix Mercedes, Franklin Reyes, & Carlos Perez.

I actually think Dedelow is a pretty intriguing prospect and will start cracking top 30 lists next year. Kade McClure & Lincoln Henzman have great shots. Corey Zangari is another guy that we've all probably forgot about that actually has some serious upside.

I'd love to see a guy like Perez or one of the other catchers down there break out./

QUOTE (zisk @ Jan 17, 2018 -> 12:30 PM)
Which guys not in the top 30 who will be soon.

Seby Zavala ?

Justin Yurchak ?

Luis Gonzalez ?

Lets hear some names and the reasons why.

Ryan Burr is a guy who I could see flying under the radar, but actually ending up becoming a solid bullpen piece for the Sox.

I think this will be more interesting to debate when pipeline comes out with the new top 30 and we can argue over who was left off. The bottom third of the current one is pretty weak and I could see a lot of guys from off the list jumping on.

I feel like Zavala and Gonzalez with both be on somewhere and Sosa will be like #30 because he is a high potential guy. I bet Yurchak is left off but if he is in full season ball and keeps hitting he will quickly be put on when some of the guys like Bummer, Fulmer, & Cordell graduate this year.

As for 5 guys who I'm pretty sure won't be on the list, but to keep an eye on:

1) Kleyder Sanchez - Put up a good average at 17 in the DSL and is a catcher, so if he is passable defensively and can hit for average, looks like a prospect

2) Harvin Mendoza - Its apparently hard to hit homers in the DSL and he hasn't but doubled his doubles, so I'd like to see how he can drive the ball when he comes over. He is a 1B, so he'll need power, but looks like he has a good eye because in his two DSL years he has 78 BB/76 K

3) Anthony Villa - 1B who was 23 in rookie league last year, but put stupid numbers. I really want to see what he can do in full season ball against players his own age.

4) Craig Dedelow- See above, but RF instead of 1B

5) Corey Zangari - Big 1B who made it to Kannapolis as a 19 year old in 2016, though he did struggle. He missed last year after having Tommy John so it will be interesting to see how much rust he has, but he has big power if he can hit.

Edit: just realized I picked 3 1Bs, a RF, and a C. I guess I like to profile big, slow, power hitters.

Edited by GenericUserName

Sosa, Coronado, Feliz, Perez, and Mercedes from LatAm signings, and Yurchak, McClure, Tyler Johnson, Alex Destino, Matt Foster, Curbelo, Burr and Hamilton from the draft are all interesting guys to follow. Quite confident a few of them will break in Top 30 or 20 by end of next season.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 17, 2018 -> 02:40 PM)
Sosa, Coronado, Feliz, Perez, and Mercedes from LatAm signings, and Yurchak, McClure, Tyler Johnson, Alex Destino, Matt Foster, Curbelo, Burr and Hamilton from the draft are all interesting guys to follow. Quite confident a few of them will break in Top 30 or 20 by end of next season.

Kade McClure is a guy I'm keeping tabs on. Hiuge frame at 6'7", 230 lbs.

Very small sample size, but dominated in 11 innings last year after being drafted, only allowing 3 hits, 3 walks, while striking out 19

I always have a hard time on these topics because I don't know who the 30 is, in this case, to be outside of.

Some of the names being thrown around are pretty solidly in the 30 anyway.

I will say, it was awfully tough leaving some guys off my list for the FS polling/arguing we just finished. There will be a number of legit prospects left off.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 07:38 AM)
I always have a hard time on these topics because I don't know who the 30 is, in this case, to be outside of.

I will say, it was awfully tough leaving some guys off my list for the FS polling/arguing we just finished. There will be a number of legit prospects left off.

When will FS release their list? I prefer the FS list over all the other ones. Can you give us any details? Like who was most argued over? or who made a big jump?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 08:38 AM)

Ha, I've been waiting hoping to see a FS top 30 to know :D '

My favorites like Sosa and Destino, they may be on it so who knows.

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 08:48 AM)
When will FS release their list? I prefer the FS list over all the other ones. Can you give us any details? Like who was most argued over? or who made a big jump?

We are trying to hustle it out for next week, but can't promise that yet. If not next week, then it would be after SoxFest.