I need help from an internet tech genius

Steve9347

I have something weird going on - if I send an email (or anyone does) with a link to www.marqana.com - it goes to spam. I can send the exact same email with a link elsewhere, and it won't go to spam (or be rejected, which is happening now).

I've run all the tests. Some outfit called mailpolice (www.mailpolice.com), which is now defunct, has us blacklisted, beyond that, we're clear.

• SenderScore rating of 97/100 (good)
  • We're listed as not malicious via Google
  • I have checked pretty much every blacklist site out there and www.marqana.com is listed as safe
  • Our email is through Outlook 365, but I don't think this is the issue. If I send an email from my PERSONAL gmail with a link to www.marqana.com, it gets blocked. Same email does not.

Anyone who has any clue, this would be greatly appreciated. We do email marketing through MailChimp to people who are opted in to our very small list (under 5,000). The issue lies within linking to our website, which is just f***ing absurd. The site is clean!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 05:41 PM)
I have something weird going on - if I send an email (or anyone does) with a link to www.marqana.com - it goes to spam. I can send the exact same email with a link elsewhere, and it won't go to spam (or be rejected, which is happening now).

I've run all the tests. Some outfit called mailpolice (www.mailpolice.com), which is now defunct, has us blacklisted, beyond that, we're clear.

• SenderScore rating of 97/100 (good)
  • We're listed as not malicious via Google
  • I have checked pretty much every blacklist site out there and www.marqana.com is listed as safe
  • Our email is through Outlook 365, but I don't think this is the issue. If I send an email from my PERSONAL gmail with a link to www.marqana.com, it gets blocked. Same email does not.

Anyone who has any clue, this would be greatly appreciated. We do email marketing through MailChimp to people who are opted in to our very small list (under 5,000). The issue lies within linking to our website, which is just f***ing absurd. The site is clean!

Can you do a hidden HTML workaround somehow, in emails have it show the text of the website but instead actually link to a tinyurl link that goes to your website and hides the exact link from the spam filter?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 04:43 PM)
Can you do a hidden HTML workaround somehow, in emails have it show the text of the website but instead actually link to a tinyurl link that goes to your website and hides the exact link from the spam filter?

That passes the test with a goo.gl. It's the url. Somehow.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 05:11 PM)
Sent to an @gmail.com with the following in the body

1. www.yahoo.com is great

2. www.marqana.com is awesome

1 hit the inbox, and 2 hit spam.

I’ve never seen anything like this.

I just tested it sending from my gmail account to my work account @ blue cross and it worked fine sending/receiving in both directions. Worked fine with the links www.marqana.com and marqana.com in them.

Maybe you somehow added them to a spamlist on your personal account?

It's not affecting everyones gmail accounts, or other businesses...as I said, I'm able to receive those emails just fine in both directions.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
I just tested it sending from my gmail account to my work account @ blue cross and it worked fine sending/receiving in both directions. Worked fine with the links www.marqana.com and marqana.com in them.

Maybe you somehow added them to a spamlist on your personal account?

It's not affecting everyones gmail accounts, or other businesses...as I said, I'm able to receive those emails just fine in both directions.

This is incredibly confusing. Thanks for the tests.

You know, just through googling i see there is a site that looks like a middle eastern news site called marqaan.com. I wonder if your site is blacklisted because it was put in as a variation of the spelling.

Still pretty weird that it works for Y2HH and not you, steve.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 08:07 AM)
You know, just through googling i see there is a site that looks like a middle eastern news site called marqaan.com. I wonder if your site is blacklisted because it was put in as a variation of the spelling.

Really interesting. Their site seems to actually be marqaanweyne.com, but, interesting idea.

If other people are able to send links, and you are not, either Steve, his firm, or his mail server got blacklisted when including links. You might see if another person who has the same email exchange as you do can send emails with the link. That will narrow down if it is Steve's specific email, or if it is one of the firm exchange or server.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 10:06 AM)
If other people are able to send links, and you are not, either Steve, his firm, or his mail server got blacklisted when including links. You might see if another person who has the same email exchange as you do can send emails with the link. That will narrow down if it is Steve's specific email, or if it is one of the firm exchange or server.

It seems like a server issue with the way Rackspace set up our account. We still haven't nailed it down. It's horrible.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
It seems like a server issue with the way Rackspace set up our account. We still haven't nailed it down. It's horrible.

It is possible they could have screwed up your security settings, but usually that strips links out of emails, instead of turning them into spam.