Tickets

Dick Allen

Anyone looking to go to the games but unable to due to ridiculous prices on ebay and craigslist may want to head to the park tonight. If last night was any indication, getting tickets for face value and sometimes even less should be no problem. Looks like the brokers and other greedy ticketholders overplayed their hands. FWIW, if you do go and scalp a ticket or 2 I would suggest you stay away from people hawking the ticketfast tickets which are easily duplicated.

I met up with 2 of my buddies and they got 2 seats right behind the dish (132 row 22) for face value. This was about 10 minutes before the game started.

If you would have waited until the game began, you could have go into the stadium for $20-$30, easily.

Edited by Sox1422

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
I may just go down before the game and see if I can score some

If it is anywhere close to how it was last night you will definitely get tickets. People were selling for $20-$30 just to cut their losses.

It may be a little more tonight. From what I heard all the tickets were available because NY Yankee big money fans have trolls in most cities who snarf up tickets. Since it was so last minute that the Yankees didn't make it they got stuck with tickets and less than 24 hours to dump them.

Now that they had more time the deals may not be there again, however with the loss last night it might keep some bandwagoners away and the prices down.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
Between the red line and the park is good too.

Do you need to bring a sign saying "Need a Single Ticket".. or is it best just to stand around and ask? I might decide to drive on over there, park along the Red Line, and take the train in.. depending on when I get out of work. If I can't get in, it'll take over an hour to get back home, and I don't wanna miss the first 5 innings. Can't make up my mind! :banghead

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
Do you need to bring a sign saying "Need a Single Ticket".. or is it best just to stand around and ask?  I might decide to drive on over there, park along the Red Line, and take the train in.. depending on when I get out of work.  If I can't get in, it'll take over an hour to get back home, and I don't wanna miss the first 5 innings.  Can't make up my mind! :banghead

Nah, people will approach you and ask you if you need them. My advice would be to ask someone who already bought some what they paid, so you know the going rate.

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
Do you need to bring a sign saying "Need a Single Ticket".. or is it best just to stand around and ask?  I might decide to drive on over there, park along the Red Line, and take the train in.. depending on when I get out of work.  If I can't get in, it'll take over an hour to get back home, and I don't wanna miss the first 5 innings.  Can't make up my mind! :banghead

You'll see plenty of people asking if you need tickets. Ask them for a single and what their price is. If they have them, never pay their first offer, and undercut it by a chunk to see what they come back with. If you don't like the price walkaway from them. The longer you are willing to wait, the more the prices will come down.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
You'll see plenty of people asking if you need tickets.  Ask them for a single and what their price is.  If they have them, never pay their first offer, and undercut it by a chunk to see what they come back with.  If you don't like the price walkaway from them.  The longer you are willing to wait, the more the prices will come down.

a lot of those guys work together, so they often agree on what their minimum is and won't budge. Then it doesn't matter who you ask.

Wait til after the 1st pitch.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
anyone else looking on craiglist?  there are some real assholes posting tickets, some of the posts you just have to laugh at though

that one long-winded one is obviously a ruse to get people to believe that they can't sell their tickets for too much above face

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
A few days ago, some dude needed a woman to do 'favors' for the tix.

yeah i saw that one...there were actually a couple of people writing I have two extra tickets...write me and tell me what you would do for them

those are some pretty pathetic people