Congrats Chicago Cubs

knightni

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 12:12 AM)
Congrats, guys.

If only your fans weren't so insufferable.

Way I look at it...the silver lining is this: they already thought they were hot s*** before...well they are actually hot s*** now.

It's not so much the actual fans but the enormous number of bandwagon fans. Those who pretend to have been Cubs fans for life but have no idea who any of the players are.

Honestly, I have to respect the players and admit that they were a damn good team this year. They almost blew it a few times but somehow managed to pull it off.

But the best thing about the Series being over is not having to hear Joe Buck anymore.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 06:02 AM)
Oh my goodness. Nobody here has had a problem with the 8 billion bandwagon blackhawks fans that have emerged since 2010. gmab.

It's one of the reasons that I'm not nearly the hockey fan I used to be.

My point was that I can respect the Cubs and their players AND the true fans, but the number of bandwagon fans that emerged this year is insane. I wasn't talking about the Blackhawks because they didn't just win the World Series last night.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 08:09 AM)
Doesn't it hurt the Sox at the attendance gate?

I don't agree with that. I think it makes baseball an entertainment option.

If the cubs are 40-55 and the White Sox are 55-40 next year fans will move back. Folks sitting on message boards will nto but your neighbor that is a bellwether will pay attention.

The city is basically 20% Sox fans 50% cub fans that are not changing and the rest are fair game.

At the gate the White Sox are more accessible, economic, and family friendly. The cub is a chore to get to and with kids is a pain in the ass.

I also understand the cub has a good core and will be contention but there is a parity in baseball and especially in the AL that the cub exploited the fact the NL sucks. Good for them and they will be favored to win again next year but I think they come back to the pack.

This playoff season is why the Sox may rebuild and if done right could be in it as early as 2018 but it also shows that with a willingness to take on bad contracts they could be in it next year. Every team is flawed it is minimizing the flaws that gets you to the playoffs.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 08:40 AM)
no, losing does

Ding!

108 years was long enough no matter what anyone thinks of their dope fans.

Would like to see some news stories on elderly fans instead of the townies at the bar.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 08:40 AM)
I have my White Sox World Series 2005 Hat on at work and I don't care. Haha

Dont you feel just a little bit happy for them?

I actually feel a weight lifted that they finally got their WS win and this whole thing is over with. It may change the relationship between the fanbases for the good but I am probably just naive to think that is a possibility.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 08:52 AM)

I actually feel a weight lifted that they finally got their WS win and this whole thing is over with. It may change the relationship between the fanbases for the good but I am probably just naive to think that is a possibility.

What do you mean by "change the relationship between the fanbases" and why would you want this?

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 08:52 AM)

I am happy for my family and good friends. Not the bar bandwagon fans.

Edited by whitesoxjr27