Greetings from Atlanta

cwsox

I was hoping to find a Sox winner when I checked here and I guess we lost Friday by what I read -

anyway it is not as hot here as I thought it might be

on the trip down I met D12 - one of the them was wearing a Sox cap with a logo that matches one of my tatooes and that led to a conversation and all of a sudden I realized that I was talking to D12, all of them - really great guys! Kind of made the trip more fun! :headbang :headbang

(D12 for those not familiar is Eminem's posse, his band)

Geez, Steff! Way to be a buzzkiller! Next thing you'll tell me that their is no Santa Claus.

Don't worry.. Santa is real. I just met him the other day...

Lucky for me he doesn't have a web site of his appearance dates...

I was hoping to find a Sox winner when I checked her and I guess we lost FRiday by what I read -

anyway it is not as hot here as I thought it might be

on the flight down I met D12 - one of the them was wearing a Sox cap with a logo that matches one of my tatooes and that led to a conversation and all of a sudden I realized that I was talking to D12, all of them - really great guys!  Kind of made the trip more fun!  :headbang  :headbang

(D12 for those not familiar is Eminem's posse, his band)

just so you know D12 was around before Eminem so you could hardly call them HIS posse

Just because you think it sucks doesnt mean everyone else does..

Rap doesnt suck

It might not suck, but I wouldn't consider it music, which to me involves either instruments and/or singing, rap involves neither. Rapping about "blunts" and "b****es" hardly requires talent. Sure, someone may be a good rapper in that they can write catchy lyrics and have nice flow, but as MUSIC, it hardly stacks up to great artists like the Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc. That's not to say that I don't find it entertaining at times, but it's musical value is limited at best.

It might not suck, but I wouldn't consider it music, which to me involves either instruments and/or singing, rap involves neither.  Rapping about "blunts" and "b****es" hardly requires talent.  Sure, someone may be a good rapper in that they can write catchy lyrics and have nice flow, but as MUSIC, it hardly stacks up to great artists like the Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc.  That's not to say that I don't find it entertaining at times, but it's musical value is limited at best.

Aboz, I can almost forgive you for your Hurt hating with this explanation....ALMOST! :P

Aboz, I can almost forgive you for your Hurt hating with this explanation....ALMOST!  :P

I am just tired of hearing about Frank, I love him as a player but I've never liked him personally after the contract thing and other comments he has made.

It might not suck, but I wouldn't consider it music, which to me involves either instruments and/or singing, rap involves neither.  Rapping about "blunts" and "b****es" hardly requires talent.  Sure, someone may be a good rapper in that they can write catchy lyrics and have nice flow, but as MUSIC, it hardly stacks up to great artists like the Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc.  That's not to say that I don't find it entertaining at times, but it's musical value is limited at best.

At least someone can come out and give a reason to why the dont like rap, insted of just saying "Rap Sucks"

I like rap, but I also like rock and 80's too..

And actually you have to be pretty damn talented to come up with some of the lyrics like they do... Eminem, 50, and Ludacris... Those are my 3 favorites...

I like Mike Jones too... Paul Wall, Chamillionaire... good stuff

Yeah, I didnt mean it like EVERYONE..

Im sure you got what I was saying but insted just decided to do your usual routine  :nono

No... I didn't get it. I took it to mean what you wrote. Some of us here don't possess your apparent Mr. Cleo skills.

Two people said it and as usual you lump everyone in that doesn't agree with you. Par for the course. Why don't you just say what you mean, or better yet, just speak for yourself. Then I wouldn't have to ask you what you meant.

I happen to like some rap. But I think some of it sucks, too.

To Aboz, goldmember, and Metallisox:

Saying any type of music sucks is flat out just being ignorant. Its all a matter of preference. I'm not a fan at all of country music, but I understand that it works for some people. Some might say its all about pickup trucks and farming and yee haws, but like saying that rap is about b****es and blunts, then its being steriotypical and you are closing off your doors to differnet and interesting types of music. I know rock fans that say stuff like you say with the b****es and blunts, and I also know raps fans who make their points abount Linkin Park and bands like that being all bout Teen-Angst and hating the world. I am a fan of a wide array of music, from alternative with bands like Radiohead and whatnot, to rap, to soul, and to some pop songs. There are a couple types of music fans, each who are one saided in their thinking. You have the kids (normally), who are all into MTV and whatever is popular at the moment. You also have people who are into other bands and are all against MTV-style bands and rappers, sometimes just because they are popular. What I have found works best is to just listen to what you like, and forget about other peoples' opinions. If I came across a Britney Spears song, or something along those lines, that I liked, then I like it, so what.

Most importantly, music is about enjoyment and it helps a lot of people get through difficult times. So, listen to what you enjoy, becas eyou enjoy it, and let other people do the same.

:snr

At least someone can come out and give a reason to why the dont like rap, insted of just saying "Rap Sucks"

I like rap, but I also like rock and 80's too..

And actually you have to be pretty damn talented to come up with some of the lyrics like they do... Eminem, 50, and Ludacris... Those are my 3 favorites...

I like Mike Jones too... Paul Wall, Chamillionaire... good stuff

it was in response to the the reply "D12 sucks." didn't think i needed a reason at the time. but given the time and an opportunity i would have said something very similiar to boz's response--i agree with him 100%.

Rap involves instruments.