Zack Collins agrees to deal with White Sox

southsider2k5

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)
Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 22m22 minutes ago

Source confirms @RobertMurrayBBE report: White Sox in agreement with No. 10 overall pick Zack Collins for slot value ($3.3806M).

38 retweets 32 likes

Nice and simple, just like it was with Rodon.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 10:11 AM)
He hasn't signed yet though. Just agreed to terms which is great. I don't think he could actually play for Miami this weekend otherwise.

Hadn't though of that you're right. He can't even have an "agent" yet just an "advisor."

You can imagine how happy I am with this pick. Finally, someone in the organization who may actually be a future left handed, middle of the order hitter.

I love his knowledge of the strike zone and his patience. It's also a plus that he is old enough that we won't have to wait around 4 or 5 years to see him in Chicago.

Saw somewhere that they don't expect him up until 2018 or 2019. Seems a bit slow for a college player. And one that is already disciplined. Hopefully that is more like late 2017.

This is the fun time with prospects where we rush them to make our team better! (in our minds)

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
Hadn't though of that you're right. He can't even have an "agent" yet just an "advisor."

I thought I had heard about the NCAA changing up those rules recently. Am I wrong about that?

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
Saw somewhere that they don't expect him up until 2018 or 2019. Seems a bit slow for a college player. And one that is already disciplined. Hopefully that is more like late 2017.

This is the fun time with prospects where we rush them to make our team better! (in our minds)

That's if he sticks at C. If he moves to 1B or LF like it has been rumored, than 2017 is much more attainable for Collins.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)

Two years wouldn't be slow at all.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)

If he sticks at C, 2018 or 19 is probably on the nose. There is a lot that goes into catching at the pro level that he will need to learn and hone, especially when he is considered marginal at the position. His profile reminds me a bit of Josh Phegley, a guy that had a good bat for a C, but was borderline defensively. It took him a while to move up to the majors as he needed to really work on his defense. The difference is that Collins bat should play at other positions, so if the bat is as good as advertised, it may necessitate a move to get him moved up faster.