Jose Reyes

Steve9347

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not... I'm down. Slot him in at DH until Morneau comes back. If he's worth anything at that time, rotate him in between DH, 3b, and 2b. Keep in mind it would cost next to nothing. Let's live a little. And it would be keeping in line with our aura of desperation this season.

Edited by Special K

"But he's a below average short stop, it'd be worth it"

The 32-year-old Reyes was arrested Oct. 31 and charged with “abuse of a family and/or household member,” according to a Maui PD press release. The release said Reyes and wife Katherine Ramirez “were involved in an argument that turned physical and resulted in injuries. Mrs. Reyes was treated by medics at the scene and later transported to the Maui Memorial Medical Center for further treatment.” In a transcript of a 911 call Maui police released last year, hotel security staff reported that Ramirez had suffered injuries to her face, neck and leg.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2497497

Charges were dropped though ... so innocent?

Listen, I don't like what he did. Nobody does. But he's going to sign somewhere. I don't necessarily mind if it's with the Sox. Does he upgrade the team? Maybe.

As long as the Sox can go ahead and talk to his future teammates and ask if they are okay with the move, then I am okay with the move.

Also, anything is better than Carl Crawford.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 01:43 PM)
Charges were dropped though ... so innocent?

Listen, I don't like what he did. Nobody does. But he's going to sign somewhere. I don't necessarily mind if it's with the Sox. Does he upgrade the team? Maybe.

As long as the Sox can go ahead and talk to his future teammates and ask if they are okay with the move, then I am okay with the move.

Also, anything is better than Carl Crawford.

Charges dropped because she wouldn't cooperate most likely. Treated on the scene, taken to the hospital. This guy is garbage.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
Charges dropped because she wouldn't cooperate most likely. Treated on the scene, taken to the hospital. This guy is garbage.

I probably should have put the first line in green ....

I know he's not innocent.

But again, I don't really care taking a flier on him. They do it, they do it. They don't? They don't.

Nobody is perfect.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
I probably should have put the first line in green ....

I know he's not innocent.

But again, I don't really care taking a flier on him. They do it, they do it. They don't? They don't.

Nobody is perfect.

Lmao, thank god you're not our GM

Oh who gives a s***? These guys aren't your friends. We are men, who cheer for other men in silly outfits to play a game against other men in silly outfits.

You aren't endorsing their character or their behavior off the field by cheering for them to win a game.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 02:13 PM)
Oh who gives a s***? These guys aren't your friends. We are men, who cheer for other men in silly outfits to play a game against other men in silly outfits.

You aren't endorsing their character or their behavior off the field by cheering for them to win a game.

As my wife puts it, it is a bunch of uneducated men in silly costumes running around in dirt trying to hit a ball with a stick.

That said, no to wife beaters. Braun has some terrible character flaw himself besides being in his mid 30s with a bad back and balky wrist.

To some extent, you're correct. However, REAL men should not cheer for men who beat women. There's no place for that. I believe in forgiveness, but also think they have lost the privilege to be cheered for.

Edited by FT35

If you really want to look at it that way, Jose Reyes hasn't been that good anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
If you really want to look at it that way, Jose Reyes hasn't been that good anyway.

Which is why I prefer Braun, if we are going to throw caution to the wind in terms of character references :)

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
To some extent, you're correct. However, REAL men should not cheer for men who beat women. There's no place for that. I believe in forgiveness, but also think they have lost the privilege to be cheered for.

Well, there's no place for a lot of horrifying s*** women do to men too, but I don't want to send this one to the filibuster, so I'll leave it there.