AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 02:39 PM)
The power that Tim Anderson has shown makes me very optimistic.

His bat is lively. He can hit and will develop IMO. His defense has been fine also.

Need Jackson back, acquire a bat and another reliever and maybe just maybe we can win a wildcard.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)
seems like they hit bottom and are starting to get back on track. Nice to see the fight.

Gotta see how they preform against the central next time thru.

Grab 8-4 in these next 12 before the ASB & they should be in solid shape. If they truly are going to go for it, Morneau & Jackson should be close to ready after the break. Add that in with another bat & a pen arm or two & they MAY be able to compete for a 2nd WC spot.

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
Chris Sale is hands down the best pitcher in the American League and it's not even a little bit close.

His teammate is right there with him this year. Talking about James Shields of course.

I found this interesting just because of how much has been made of his different approach this season:

Christopher Kamka

‏@ckamka

Chris Sale through 16 starts

2015: 2.80 ERA, 112.1 IP, 84 H, 22 BB, 147 K

2016: 2.79 ERA, 113.0 IP, 88 H, 23 BB, 109 K

#WhiteSox

Since I realistically don't think this team can contend (because they simply can't beat teams in their division other than Minnesota...so far anyway) I at least hope they can have a winning season when it's all done record-wise and Sale gets to 20 victories.

Mark

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
I found this interesting just because of how much has been made of his different approach this season:

Christopher Kamka

‏@ckamka

#WhiteSox

I would much rather have last year's Sale back. I don't see the new approach as really contributing to anything other than maybe keeping his arm healthy? A 1.1 IP difference seems pointless IMO.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 02:50 PM)

Christopher Kamka

‏@ckamka

#WhiteSox

A more useful stat might be the number of pitches used in the 2015 and 2016 innings to actually see if there is a bearing on keeping him healthier since that was the whole point of pitching to contact.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 05:24 PM)
A more useful stat might be the number of pitches used in the 2015 and 2016 innings to actually see if there is a bearing on keeping him healthier since that was the whole point of pitching to contact.

Agree. Stressful pitches as well.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)
This win sponsored by the Beatles "Blue Jay Way" . Even though it sounds like the title of a Blue Jay win,I had to use it because hardly any songs have Blue Jay in the title and it's the last game of the season against the Jays. :snr

Impressive to find Blue Jay in a title.