Want to win 4 tickets to the Home Plate Club seats?

EvilMonkey

The charity that I volunteer for, Help Save Pets, is hosting a candlelight bowl on June 13th at Plainfield Lanes, 9:30 pm, $25 per person which includes shoe rental, 2 hours of bowling, pizza and pop. There will be raffles for thousands of dollars in prizes. They will have the usual prize 'baskets' which are a cut above what you normally see at most candlelights, as well as a separate raffle for 4 tickets to the Home Plate Club. Those are a $1000 value!!!!!!

Want to come? Email/message me for tickets.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticket...eating_club.jsp

FYI, you don't have to bowl to buy raffle tickets, but you do need to be there. Drawing will be around 11-ish. The tickets will be either $5 or $10, I don't think the damn committee has made up its mind yet. But it needs to soon if it wants me to make the tickets...

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 11:50 PM)
If I lived closer I would do it. I love bowling. Nearly bowled my first 300 game last summer.

Very nice. I had thought I would never get there anymore what with my various knee and foot issues, thinking my 290 of a decade ago would be the high game. However lat year I was one pin away, 299. I got what I deserved, however, as the last shot was not a good one, nerves got to me and I really missed my mark. So you never know... However the bowling here is all that sort of crazy crap they do at these things. I just go because it is my charity and for the prizes.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:48 AM)
Very nice. I had thought I would never get there anymore what with my various knee and foot issues, thinking my 290 of a decade ago would be the high game. However lat year I was one pin away, 299. I got what I deserved, however, as the last shot was not a good one, nerves got to me and I really missed my mark. So you never know... However the bowling here is all that sort of crazy crap they do at these things. I just go because it is my charity and for the prizes.

299...wow. Mine was a 278. I was with a group and one of the girls was making a joke out of my 300 game bid, and decided to interfer with me as I was going up, touching me and yelling. I threw an 8 on the first ball in the 10th, then got the spare and then got the last strike.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
299...wow. Mine was a 278. I was with a group and one of the girls was making a joke out of my 300 game bid, and decided to interfer with me as I was going up, touching me and yelling. I threw an 8 on the first ball in the 10th, then got the spare and then got the last strike.

Nice. No interference here. In fact, once you get up in the 10th, everyone for 4 or more lanes each way just stops. It was kind of unnerving, TBH. Got a lucky one on my first in the 10th, buried a TV strike for the second then sat down for a minute and had a drink to try and calm down. no luck, so just threw towards the middle, hit very heavy, left the 10 pin. Oh well.

Some of the baskets, in addition to the $10 raffle for the $1000 White Sox package:

(again, you don't have to bowl, but need to be present. Starts at 9:30 goes until 11:30-ish, raffles pulled around 11.)

Raffle Basket Tickets:

$1 for 1

$5 for 6

$20 for 30

• 7 inch Voyager Tablet by RCA plus case & $50 Walmart Giftcards

• Donated By - Romeoville Walmart, Two Judds

• Soda Stream and 1 Mix

• Donated By - Two Judds

• 4 six packs of beer, Tshirt, Mugs, Coasters, Posters and Private Party for 10 at Lagunitas Brewing Co. in Chicago

• Donated By - Lagunitas Brewing Co. Chicago, IL

• Keurig & Serving Tray with coffee accessories

• Donated By - Two Judds

• Dog Care Products - Earth Bath Products and Tshirt, Earth Related Poop Bags and Accessories, Liberation Press Tshirt, Bark Box and 3 month subscription

• Donated By - Liberation Press, Earth Bath, Earth Related, Bark Box

• Local Goodies - Free simple will preparation, $25 Lou Malnati's giftcard, Sybaris gift certificate, 3 month membership to YMCA, Edible Arrangements gift certificate, 2 massage gift certificates, wreath

• Donated By - Jerry Fogelman, Lou Malnati's, Sybaris, YMCA, Edible Arrangements, Kristen Nicole, Lauren Ludwig

• Blackhawks basket - Blackhawks merchandise plus booze and snacks

• Donated By – Maggie Vandermeer

• Blackhawks basket - Blackhawks merchandise plus booze and snacks

• Donated By – Maggie Vandermeer

• Car wash supplies, Car wash gift certificates, $100 gift cards to Casey's

• Donated By - Casey's, Maggie Vandermeer

• Goodies for the ladies - $40 Benihana, Sybaris gift certificate, 2 Kristen Nicole Massages, Douglas J Salon gift certificate, watches, necklaces, purse, Silpada earrings, Dazzling Paws rings, Umbra ring holders, 4 Paws Forever necklace

• Donated By – Sybaris, Kristen Nicole, Douglas J Salon, Benihana, Dazzling Paws Jewelry, Silpada, Umbra, 4 Paws Forever, Pam Rains

• Whole Foods Basket and $50 Target Gift Card

• Donated By – Whole Foods, Target Joliet

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
I ended a game with 9 straight strikes and then started the next game with 3 in a row. That counts, right?

I wish. My best was the start with a spare and then 11 for 290, then starting the next game with 7 and getting a 249.

Just as an FYI, I WON THE DAMN TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!! Cost me $100 in entries, but I won it. I won't use them until August some time, but I will be sure to let you know how the seats were. And my wife won one of the movie baskets loaded with Redbox rentals and Hollywood Palms tickets.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 12:23 AM)
Just as an FYI, I WON THE DAMN TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!! Cost me $100 in entries, but I won it. I won't use them until August some time, but I will be sure to let you know how the seats were. And my wife won one of the movie baskets loaded with Redbox rentals and Hollywood Palms tickets.

That's awesome! Congrats! Totally makes up for the 299 game! :lol: