White Sox v. Oakland A's

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the most exciting Sox line-up 6-9.

Would have preferred to see if Viciedo could keep up his power-hitting, if only for entertainment's sake and/or trade value.

Porcello is really dealing tonight. It's going to be interesting to see how KC responds next weekend at Kauffman were they to absorb a sweep. Essentially, they'd go from 2.5 games up to 1.5 games back (in roughly a week) with the expected loss in the 2-0 make-up game against CLE going into their final AB.

Kind of like 2012...substitute KC for the White Sox. Except we would have won this game, with an Addison Reed nail-biting save...only to fall apart even more down the stretch (4-11).

Seems like Abreu's been stuck on 99 RBI's for 2-3 weeks now.

Didn't realize that the A's had such a terrible collection of batting averages, but Oakland can score runs in bunches...moreso when they had Donaldson, Moss and Cespedes going.

What happened to Reddick? He looked REALLY good...and just fell off the map, kind of like Dayan, although I think he's had a number of injuries the last couple of seasons.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)
Abreu might not even beat the Sox franchise rookie HR record anymore. It seemed like a sure thing at the ASB, he just needed 6-7 more.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of his power outage. That double he hit in the first inning would have been gone a few months ago.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:39 PM)
Yeah, I don't know what to make of his power outage. That double he hit in the first inning would have been gone a few months ago.

I have no doubt the guy is tired. He is playing, by far, his longest ever season as a professional. Unless he is playing with something that could be made worse by playing, he needs to fight through it for conditioning purposes.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 12:39 AM)

He's getting no loft on the ball. I believe Stone said he's barely hit anything out of the infield for an out over the last few weeks. It seems he's not able to pull anything with authority of late.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:56 PM)
Well, on the plus side, that makes the likes of Flowers, Garcia and Viciedo look much better in comparison.

There is a pretty big reason that 26-27 year old 1B in AAA aren't usually considered prospects, even when they are putting up numbers like Wilkins. He looks awful.

This team has packed it in the for the year. They should start sitting Jose more as well.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 06:59 PM)
There is a pretty big reason that 26-27 year old 1B in AAA aren't usually considered prospects, even when they are putting up numbers like Wilkins. He looks awful.

This team has packed it in the for the year. They should start sitting Jose more as well.

You have to push those guys to their limits, because you're going to need them not to run out of steam in August/September 2015 or definitely 2016.

They need to experience the feeling and realize the next time that there's light at the end of the tunnel and that they can overcome it.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:38 PM)
Bassitt's looking good so far. Nice late movement on his pitches.

I really like him. I saw him pitch live last week. He is going to be a good 4-5 pitcher. Maybe 3 at the ceiling. He's smart, knows how to pitch and usually gets strike 1. He's not going to be an All-Start but he is going to be a useful pitcher in the rotation.