Red Sox Just Blew Bases Loaded 0 out opportunity

ScootsMcGoots

The Red Sox just blew a bases loaded no out opportunity against the Astros in the 2nd inning of today's game (with some help from the homeplate umpire...if I were a Red Sox fan I'd be pissed, but as a non-biased fan, those calls were all borderline and ya gotta swing at those close pitches with 2 strikes, but I digress...)

So in honor of the Red Sox suck, I thought I would post a video for your viewing pleasure reminding us of the last time they did this against our Sox in the ALDS.

Here is El Duque's greatest moment in a White Sox uniform:

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 02:50 PM)
Berman sounded disappointed when Damon struck out.

Yeah, he was such a homer. WHen the White Sox won the ALDS, he said "Congratulations to the Chicago White Sox" and then proceeded to say "Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox as well." Like what are you congratulating them for? They just got swept. Go home.

Regardless, glad he doesn't call baseball games anymore (at least I think). He can stick to football.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 01:56 PM)
Yeah, he was such a homer. WHen the White Sox won the ALDS, he said "Congratulations to the Chicago White Sox" and then proceeded to say "Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox as well." Like what are you congratulating them for? They just got swept. Go home.

Regardless, glad he doesn't call baseball games anymore (at least I think). He can stick to football.

He also said the Red Sox journey to repeat was over

QUOTE (Scoots @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 01:56 PM)

He's doing the red sox - astros series for ESPN radio.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 01:50 PM)
Berman sounded disappointed when Damon struck out.

He he even went to another level when the ball was hit in the ALDS vs Boston....through (I Believe it was through the wickets of Tony Graffanino) (forgot which game) and he yelled out OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That pretty much gave it away as to he was OBVIOUSLY rooting for.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 11:33 PM)
Makes me happy to know he lost two games. Must not have liked the playoff patch on his arm

Somebody needs to make a list of players who are actually liked on this board besides prospects. Why the Sale venom?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 11:25 PM)
Somebody needs to make a list of players who are actually liked on this board besides prospects. Why the Sale venom?

- Cutting up jerseys to get his way

- Tried to fight opposing teams

- DrakeGate

And there's more.

I like Sale and appreciate what he did on the South Side, but it's easy to dislike him.

Meanwhile Quintana pitches for the damn Cubs and you've got people pulling for him because he was essentially the heir to Mark Buehrle

QUOTE (Quin @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 11:02 PM)

- DrakeGate

And there's more.

I like Sale and appreciate what he did on the South Side, but it's easy to dislike him.

Meanwhile Quintana pitches for the damn Cubs and you've got people pulling for him because he was essentially the heir to Mark Buehrle

So the only players people like on this board are prospects and a cubs player? Cmon folks...

Edited by ron883

QUOTE (Quin @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 11:02 PM)

- DrakeGate

And there's more.

You can add binocular-gate in detroit too. Not trying to pile on but those things you listed plus this one made it easy for me to accept his departure. I wish him nothing but the best but I'm moving on. :D

Edit: I'm referring to Sale in this post. Just to clarify.

Edited by BlackSox13

I will always root against Sale because I am a White Sox fan living in Boston. I enjoy watching him pitch but I will be rooting against him. I can see some White Sox fans thinking the same about Q since they resent Cub success.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
I think what black or white greg misses is that you can respect Sale on the mound, and disrespect him for everything off of the mound at the same time.

Crazy, I know.

"Everything" off the mound? Guy seems to do a lot of good work. Grew a lot as a pitcher during the years we had him. Was prepped to play. Just couldn't quite control his temper.

QUOTE (Quin @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 05:02 AM)

- DrakeGate

And there's more.

Since it's off season and I like Sale I'll respond further. ...

- Cutting up jerseys to get his way (I like it. He warned the team he didn't want to pitch in those jerseys. It's been revealed he had concern for his health pitching in them. Maybe he should have just boxed them up and hid them rather than take the scissors to them though; He got punished for it. Many players have screwed up before and will again).

- Tried to fight opposing teams (Geez that's nitpicking. He's a fierce competitor. Probably is his undoing but it's still not a bad trait; I guess he could have got arrested in KC for looking for a fight after the game in the KC locker room but whatever).

- DrakeGate (Drake Gate forced playes to take sides. He took the LaRoche side of it; I like guys who will go against the front office once in a while). Kind of silly to make one of our best pitchers ever a total enemy on here.