Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 26, 2017 -> 12:29 PM)
Isn't Beer considered to be more like a mid first rounder at this point?

Well, he is hitting 302/472/608 with 14 hrs and an 11% K rate this season. Its not as dominant as his ridiculous Freshman year but still good.

ETA: He has 4 more doubles but 4 less home runs than last year. His babip is down 63 points.

That said, 1B don't really go in the top 5.

I still want him to be the pick for the Sox.

Edited by joejoedairy

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ May 26, 2017 -> 12:32 PM)
Well, he is hitting 302/472/608 with 14 hrs and an 11% K rate this season. Its not as dominant as his ridiculous Freshman year but still good.

That said, 1B don't really go in the top 5.

I still want him to be the pick for the Sox.

Schwarber was the same.

If the Sox think his bat is legit, they should take him.

honestly, theres a really big difference between drafting in the top 3 and drafting 11. The cubs knew this a few years ago. A top draft pick is super important (as long as you don't blow the pick and take mark appel ahead of kris Bryant).

we aren't contending, I'm honestly hoping we can trade some assets for useful prospects, and end up in the top 3. probably gonna be hard to catch the Phillies and padres

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 3, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
honestly, theres a really big difference between drafting in the top 3 and drafting 11. The cubs knew this a few years ago. A top draft pick is super important (as long as you don't blow the pick and take mark appel ahead of kris Bryant).

we aren't contending, I'm honestly hoping we can trade some assets for useful prospects, and end up in the top 3. probably gonna be hard to catch the Phillies and padres

Or Kolek/Brady Aiken/Rodon...at least be in the Top 3 there, and they were still pretty fortunate to go 3...as we'll never know if they would have taken either of those first two guys. Maybe Aiken?

Or the Benintendi/Fulmer/Happ draft...

The funny thing here is the Astros made some pretty big mistakes (Appel/Bryant, Aiken) and they're STILL the best team in baseball by far right now.

Edited by caulfield12