Flippables

oneofthemikes

SP: CC Sabathia, Jeremy Hellickson, Andrew Cashner, Jason Vargas, Lance Lynn, Clay Bucholz, Jamie Garcia, Wade Miley, Tyler Chatwood, Tyson Ross, Henderson Alvarez, and Brett Anderson are all FA that could perhaps be interested in a 1 year deal.

Interesting relievers that shouldn't be too xpensive: Francisco Liriano, Gregerson, Clippard, Tony Watson, Jesse Chavez, Sergio Romo, Fernando Rodney, Fernando Abad, Swarzak, Jeanmar Gomez.

I think the Sox will mostly go with what they have on the offensive side. Too many guys need MLB at bats.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 01:27 PM)
SP: CC Sabathia, Jeremy Hellickson, Andrew Cashner, Jason Vargas, Lance Lynn, Clay Bucholz, Jamie Garcia, Wade Miley, Tyler Chatwood, Tyson Ross, Henderson Alvarez, and Brett Anderson are all FA that could perhaps be interested in a 1 year deal.

Interesting relievers that shouldn't be too xpensive: Francisco Liriano, Gregerson, Clippard, Tony Watson, Jesse Chavez, Sergio Romo, Fernando Rodney, Fernando Abad, Swarzak, Jeanmar Gomez.

I think the Sox will mostly go with what they have on the offensive side. Too many guys need MLB at bats.

Lance Lynn and Andrew Cashner would be interesting.

I'd love to see Coop work on Romo and Gregerson.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 02:42 PM)
Lance Lynn is going to make a looooot of money. I highly doubt he's taking a 1 year deal.

Yep, he is not like the others. Never been a big Lynn fan, and he's on the wrong side of the 30, but hes getting more years and dollars than the Sox will be offering (anyone).

So...Swarzak and Kahnle were 2 guys that I had never heard of before. Maybe that's my fault on Swarzak, but all the guys on that list above seem more like the Derek Holland level - guys who are hoping to have a good year but who haven't had any in a couple years. Any ideas for "hidden breakout" guys? Guy who pitched for 1-2 years somewhere and got hurt or who struggled for a year or two?

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 09:36 AM)
I think he is the most intriguing guy on the list. Could probably be had for a Holland type deal.

Let's hope we don't get Holland-type results ;)

Jeremy Hellickson seems like a guy who could use a little coop in his life too

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 09:56 AM)
I think your "flippable" player who provides significant value in a trade is already in the organzation. His name is Nate Jones.

If he can stay healthy sure. The really good news is that because of his lack of health, his contract now has a minimum wage year in it.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
Wow. Just saw that on baseball reference. For the 2019 season.

Highlights

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/nate...er-surgery.html

The news also has a direct effect on Jones’s contract situation. He is guaranteed $3.95MM next year regardless. But his 2019-21 options will now give the team an opportunity to retain him for less than it could have if Jones had stayed off the surgeon’s table for his elbow. He can now be controlled for the league minimum (2019), $3.75MM (2020), and $4.25MM (2021), with a $1.25MM buyout applying to any of those three years.