6/17 Game Thread: PIT @ CWS, 7:11pm CT

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We really must win at LEAST 2/3. I don't want to go into the weekend series on a low note. Of course I'm hoping for all 3, but Pittsburgh's got some pretty good hitters. Anyway, let's get this first one and worry about the other two tomorrow. Let's Go Sox! :gosox3:

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
That just means we will see more of the infamous Jason Michaels. I wonder if they realize they have somewhat of a Sox killer on their team.

I think he lost his super magical power when he left the Indians.

"Remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 11:06 AM)
I think he lost his super magical power when he left the Indians.

"Remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

spoken from the Pork Chop Express. I love that movie.

On the DVD it has different endings. I like the one where he rams the camaro off the pier with the Pork Chop Express!!!!!

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 09:49 AM)
Thome would miss 100 consecutive pitches against Marte

Unless Marte was wearing a Sox hat....then 80 of those pitches would be balls- with the other 20 landing somewhere in the outfield seats.

QUOTE (Getupstretch39 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 04:43 PM)
Unless Marte was wearing a Sox hat....then 80 of those pitches would be balls- with the other 20 landing somewhere in the outfield seats.

Marte had under a 4.00 era every year he was on the sox

QUOTE (Getupstretch39 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 11:28 AM)
Yes, to go along with 19 blown saves.

Blown saves are the worst possible stat to judge a set up man on. He could come in with the bases loaded and no one out, get a double play ground ball letting a run score, and that is a blown save.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
Blown saves are the worst possible stat to judge a set up man on. He could come in with the bases loaded and no one out, get a double play ground ball letting a run score, and that is a blown save.

This is true. Even though Marte had his ups and downs as a sox. Overall he was very successful with the sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:32 PM)

I refuse to argue any further about Damaso Marte in a game thread.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
Argue all you want, but come with better material than Blown Saves for a set up man, that's all I am asking!

Ive never understood the hatred for Marte by Sox fans. Always negative.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:48 PM)
Ive never understood the hatred for Marte by Sox fans. Always negative.

Marte had a disease that MacDougal shares - poor performance under pressure. Overall numbers don't speak to that, you have to know the situations they were in. Both had a habit of doing worse under pressure (runners on, for example), and padding their numbers in mop up work. That's not a good thing for a setup guy.